Rear bumper fogs 2020 Explorer Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear bumper fogs 2020 Explorer Limited

Captain Slow

Reaction score
City, State
London
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Limited 4WD
Hello Everyone I wonder if you could assist. I have a US Explorer Limited and it is a requirement in the Uk to have at least one rear fog light. I currently have an after market unit fitted below the rear bumper just to comply with regs… however in the European(German market) they have a rear fog in lieu of one of the reflectors. The Part number I have from Ford is LB5B15K272AC however on open the box I note there just seems to be a dummy blank connection with no electrical fittings am I going mad or am I missing something basic.. I open it up to you for comment.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford parts comes up with this but unfortunately there is no picture. https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/electrical/lamps-and-lenses/rear-fog-lamp-13660639-1#partMatched
I checked a couple of other Ford parts sites but they don't come up with anything for that part number.
Here is a thread on the same topic but there doesn't seem to be a solution. Explorer Imported Into Germany Needs Rear Fog lights

Peter
Hello thanks for your reply I will try and attach a picture of the part the plug socket looks blank? But the box clearly states Lamp Assy Fog Rear..

788FF615-198E-4BD9-AFEE-061A0D6A2C99.jpeg B2FF8DEE-9534-4D46-AAB5-2CE4C0B36A26.jpeg

Thanks Dale. That's what I thought it looked like. It definitely is not the rear fog lamp assembly.

Peter

I just looked at it again. If you click the drop down for 15K273 it shows the right and left parts. Both have the same part number of 15200 but 2 different prices. A bit confusing to say the least.

I just looked at it again. If you click the drop down for 15K273 it shows the right and left parts. Both have the same part number of 15200 but 2 different prices. A bit confusing to say the least.
That seems to be normal for Ford parts. Have seen that before. :)

Peter

Hello again I work for Ford in the UK so I will reach out to the team responsible for this part and see if they can shed some light for me, I will feed back any info I find out hopefully post a reply in the coming days.

Hello again I work for Ford in the UK so I will reach out to the team responsible for this part and see if they can shed some light for me, I will feed back any info I find out hopefully post a reply in the coming days.
Good luck with it.

Good luck with it.
Well mystery of the fog light solved… despite the Ford info showing as fog light the right hand light is a dummy! The left hand side has the lamp in.
Because I special ordered the unit and it is under £50 i cannot return it! Not even for a Ford Employee most miffed. So now I am in the process of researching how to fit led’s and wiring etc. Just thought I would let you know.

Back