2020 Explorer Limited, sunroof not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer Limited, sunroof not working

gv10

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Limited
I purchased a used stock 2020 ford explorer Limited 3 weeks ago, got in my car this morning and sunshade one touch moved the sunshade about 1 inch then stopped. Glass vent switch does not work at all. restarted the car multiple times and was able to move the sunshade about an inch at a time to almost fully open but unable to close or fully open. Vent switch still does not work at all. I tried to reset the controls but that did not work

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

These have a module for almost every option, they protect like a fuse.....Take it to the dealer

I purchased a used stock 2020 ford explorer Limited 3 weeks ago, got in my car this morning and sunshade one touch moved the sunshade about 1 inch then stopped. Glass vent switch does not work at all. restarted the car multiple times and was able to move the sunshade about an inch at a time to almost fully open but unable to close or fully open. Vent switch still does not work at all. I tried to reset the controls but that did not work
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
As suggested by Sea_Ray, take it back to the dealership and have them check it out. They must have given you some type of warranty with the purchase. The glass partition and the shade each have their own motor. The manual shows fuse #2 in the cabin fuse panel as being for the moonroof. It also protects the driver door switch pack. Are they working?
Good luck and please report back. Thanks.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
As suggested by Sea_Ray, take it back to the dealership and have them check it out. They must have given you some type of warranty with the purchase. The glass partition and the shade each have their own motor. The manual shows fuse #2 in the cabin fuse panel as being for the moonroof. It also protects the driver door switch pack. Are they working?
Good luck and please report back. Thanks.

Peter
The switches randomly started working again Will be taking it to the dealer next week.

The switches randomly started working again Will be taking it to the dealer next week.
Could be a loose connection somewhere. :dunno: There isn't much the dealer can do if everything is working when you bring it in.

Peter

Could be a loose connection somewhere. :dunno: There isn't much the dealer can do if everything is working when you bring it in.

Peter
Agree that if it's working they can't fix it. I would skip taking it in unless it stops working as they most likely charge you for the service call even if your under warranty.

Back