• Register Today It's free!

rear door speakers

kyleyz762

Reaction score
City, State
syracuse, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
i have already replaced all of my door speakers. the rear doors have 2 places where speakers can go in each door. just wondering if my old speakers will fit in the unoccupied speaker hole.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have already replaced all of my door speakers. the rear doors have 2 places where speakers can go in each door. just wondering if my old speakers will fit in the unoccupied speaker hole.

i wouldn't. It's never a good idea to mix and match speaker sizes/types/brands/power in the same enclosure

Your doors have 2 places? Where is the second?

It's at the bottom of the door.

And I have never put speakers in there, but all you could do is try.

Hm. Must have been a gen 1 vs gen 2 thing?

There's no real point in having 2 speakers in each rear door. Especially if theyre the lower quality stock speakers. I would think the sound would just get muddled and sound terrible.

There isn't any speakers in there stock but the hole looks exactly the same, and not sure about the the Gen1's mine were always sports. I'd imagine if you had 2 high quality speakers and amp'd them they'd sound nice but not sure that they may get in the way of putting the window down since there is no bracket down there to hold a speaker away from the door.

Back