kjboise

Reaction score
City, State
Boise, idaho
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer platinum
Hello

anyone have an experience like this?

I am getting messages that the rear braking and parking assist are not available when I start my 2021 platinum. Once started, lane departure, intelligent and adaptive cruise work just fine. But, I am no longer getting the colored (green/yellow/red) proximity (top view) displayed on the screen.

this seems to have occurred after a recent mud storm came through southern idaho. I have washed the explorer 3x but the issue persists.

is there a reset in the menus that will get this working correctly?

thx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is no reset that I am aware of. Although you don't get the coloured zones showing, do you get the audible warnings? Is your rearview camera working?

Peter

There is no reset that I am aware of. Although you don't get the coloured zones showing, do you get the audible warnings? Is your rearview camera working?

Peter
Camera works fine. No audible alarms backing up or going forwards. BLIS on side view mirrors works. Rear cross traffic alerts works.

Camera works fine. No audible alarms backing up or going forwards. BLIS on side view mirrors works. Rear cross traffic alerts works.
PS. Thank you four reply. Dealer’s first available appt? June 13th… I may get called for a cancellation.

I haven't checked if these are possibly controlled by a fuse but suspect that perhaps a module of some type may be the cause and it was just a coincidence that it happened during the storm. Please keep us updated on the issue. Thanks.

Peter

Do you have forscan? Id pull diagnostic codes for your vehicle. Forscan also has a bunch of module resets (service procedures).

A hah!

thanks to Peter, I was going to check my fuses. But . . .

I contacted the dealer. They were able to read a code that said the inner front sensor is out. So, I did a visual inspection. Looks like a rock jumped up and made a tiny ding in that sensor. So, the dealer wants to run a diagnostic in the possibility that the ding spike a signal and killed one of the modules or circuits. (I do not have forescan.)

so, since it is road debris, I am likely on the hook for diagnostic and sensor + install, at minimum. Will check my road hazard insurance.

Back