Rear upper control Arm brands?

zerodevil

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Anchorage, AK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 White Limited V8
Has anyone tried any of the brands that sell these aftermarket? i am not about to pay ford $480 a side for their product. My first preference was Moog and their problem solver line, but i have been unable to find them stocked ANYWHERE online despite them being listed in moogs catalog. Whats the reputation with brands like Dorman and Mavotech? My second choice would have been raybestos, but the same problem as the moog, no one is selling them.

p.s. Im going to write a real nasty letter to whomever decided we should make them replace the whole control arm instead up just a balljoint.. and i am going to send it to them wraped around a brick!

www.automotix.net sells them used for the pair is about $150 I need to replace both my rear upper control arms also if I do it I'm getting them used from this place. My toe links are bad too I believe when my springs in the rear were broken I think caused the toe links and ball joints wear and fail. Ever since I fixed the rear struts anytime I hit a bump or dip I get loud tap or clunk in the rear . I jack the rear up there's no play in the rear wheels at all ....

Back