Rear Window Replacement | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Window Replacement

Midsouthgeek901

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Limited
Hello All, I recently bought a 02 limited explorer with 4.6. The rear glass was gone so went to my local pull a part and got one from an 03 same color. I am having a hard time getting it to fit well. i have the hinges loose but semi snug. When i try to latch it it just won't fit. is there a secret to replacing this? Thanks in advance.

Scott

Just looked at mine. As long as it is all even on the sides all I can see is that it is not quite high enough meaning that the upper hinges are a bit too low. That would cause the strike on the window to hit the lower part of the latch and not allow it to operate.

Just looked at mine. As long as it is all even on the sides all I can see is that it is not quite high enough meaning that the upper hinges are a bit too low. That would cause the strike on the window to hit the lower part of the latch and not allow it to operate.
Thank you I will try and look at the latch for an adjustment.

So come to find out the glass hatch i got from junk yard was different. same size and fit other than where the shock nipples were. Must have been an earlier glass for an 02. All is well but the info center still says door ajar. Something I can check?

Back