Rear wiper stopped shooting water...common culprit ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear wiper stopped shooting water...common culprit ?

EB4X

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Orange county, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Explorer 4X 4.0 ohv
Hey gang,
So as title states rear wiper suddenly stopped shooting water....wiper motor etc work fine, front wiper shoots water, on Explorer fuse layout link only lists relay for front wiper pump (not sure if it's there way of saying one pump for both? ) No water dripping on ground anywhere after activating it (trace of leaking tube/hose.)
Anybody deal with this and is there a common culprit / thing area to check that tends to be the issue here?
'95 4 door.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I’d check the water pump in the cargo area first. Check the pins for voltage when the switch is pressed.

/\ Thanks MB... Read about our Explorers using just one pump, but you are correct, got one in the rear for my 95 (earlier 2nd gen) .... hooked up voltmeter / setup video on phone positioned on makeshift stand and get a 10 jump to 11 volt quick burst (2 seconds) upon pressing button -- seems what should be right or close enough. Ordering replacement pump.

Did you check to see if the spray nozzle is clogged?
Watching my video of voltage recording you cannot hear any noise from the motor..... so........even if a "quieter" motor than usual I would think I would hear something....
Just for quicks I'll probably make quick adapter and blast water hose through the line tomorrow (was in the back of my mind about possible clog)

Back