Recall 20N07 Ford explorer 2017... AT Problems Torque Converter | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recall 20N07 Ford explorer 2017... AT Problems Torque Converter

Spyke007

Reaction score
City, State
Araucania
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018, Explorer Limited4wd
Hello everyone. I would like to know the experiences of those who have had their box repaired by FORD under the 20n07 recall.

I bought a 2017 Ford Explorer 1 month ago, with 50,000 miles, all maintenance up to date at the dealer. A week later it started having transmission problems. To make a long story short, I took it to Ford, after complaining a lot because the maintenance did not update the PCM (recall 20B27), they finally agreed to do the recall 20n07 despite not being under warranty. This takes 45 days for the imported spare parts to arrive. At the moment they updated the PCM (20B27), but of course, that no longer solves anything, because the box was already damaged, that should have been done before it failed.

Finally they called me, the spare parts arrived, and it will take 40 days to repair the box according to recall 20n07 which involves a series of repairs as many will know which is replacing the torque converter, solenoid body, main control body, transmission fluid, etc.

Supposedly, since the PCM update has already been carried out, with this repair of the automatic transmission it should be practically new, but here I wanted to know your experiences, of those who have had the 20n07 recall performed, and can you tell me how the vehicle worked for you afterwards about this, if they really didn't have any subsequent problems, or it was just momentary.

Because I want to see if I definitely keep the vehicle after this, or give it in part payment to the Ford dealer for a newer one.

The truth is, I would like to keep it, because I bought it cheap and I really like the model, even more than the sixth generation.

Thank you very much to all!

Greetings from Chile.

nobody?

Using the handy 'Search' feature at the upper right, I found these threads on 20N07. Perhaps you could contact the latest members that had this procedure done.

Peter

Back