recent ac issue...3 and 4 blow the same | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

recent ac issue...3 and 4 blow the same

My 04 did the same thing when I bought it, the blower speed was the same on 3 and 4. If I moved it slowly between 3 and 4, it would go to speed 3 at about 3 1/2.

When I got my Ex the same was happening to me. When I removed the old switch I noticed some melting of the connector and the switch didn't feel right when switching from 3 to 4. Replacement of the switch cured all ills. :thumbsup:

The OP has replaced his switch and didn't notice any out of the ordinary with the switch or wiring.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you change the blower motor resistor? Normally that is the problem, I have had to change it 3 times (2 trucks).

Tower, the OP has changed the resistor. The troubleshooting steps I PM'ed him include steps for checking the resistor.

Would you mind sharing this? On my Ex speeds 2 & 3 are the same and I'd like to track down the issue. There was definitely some overheating of wires at the switch, there is some slight melting (will post pics when I can).

Thanks!

Check your PM. :biggthump

Missed that, sorry

Back