Recent Orders , time to get into production | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent Orders , time to get into production

I think their messing with me. Build date 10/10. First delivery date est was 11/04. Then a week later it became 11/19. Then 11/13. Went to the site again no date shown? I knew something was up. Then the next day a new delivery date showed up, 11/09. At least it's getting closer, maybe.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

And yet another change. Last Thursday ( always on Thursday) the arrival date was changed again. Set back a couple of more days to 11/12. That's at least the 4th or 5th change. Anyone else experiencing this?

Mine would change from a date to 1990-01-01. Then bounce back and forth again. At least I have a production date now (2019-10-31).

I ordered my Aviator Reserve with Reserve I and Luxury packages on July 3. My dealer gave me the VIN on October 4. Yesterday, November 4, my car went from "In Order Processing" to "In Production" and a Monroney became available. No production or delivery dates yet.

I ordered my Aviator Reserve with Reserve I and Luxury packages on July 3. My dealer gave me the VIN on October 4. Yesterday, November 4, my car went from "In Order Processing" to "In Production" and a Monroney became available. No production or delivery dates yet.
I wound up with a blend date of 11/12, a build date of 11/14, then, still in a primary status of “in production” It got “sent offsite” last week. Today it got a primary status of “in transit” and a secondary status of “shipped rail”. ETA here in WA is 12/12.

I wound up with a blend date of 11/12, a build date of 11/14, then, still in a primary status of “in production” It got “sent offsite” last week. Today it got a primary status of “in transit” and a secondary status of “shipped rail”. ETA here in WA is 12/12.
That's great to hear. From Produced to Transit within two weeks. I was expecting this when I heard they resolved the production line issues.

I must have pretty bad luck. Mine was produced 10/31. I'm assuming this produced date is already after fixing production line issues. It's almost 4 weeks later and my vehicle is no where to be found. It went off-site twice within a week after it was built and status hasn't been updated since.

Still to take delivery of my new Platinum. But at least it isn't Ford's fault. My wife and I took one last trip in the 2016 Explorer to visit my son and his family in Chicago. It's a long drive but not terrible, 8 1/2 hours from Kansas City. We had planned on driving back on Monday Nov 11th. But the weather forecast was terrible for the Chicago area on Monday. So we set off around noon on Sunday. Part of our trip is across the northern part of Missouri, mostly rural but 4 lanes and a speed limit of 65, on HWY 36. Well at around 5:15, just after dusk we struck a deer doing 70 mph. Full on the front of the car. I saw a brief flash of a deer in the head lights and then boom. All the airbags inflated. Knee, front, side curtains, . You can't see anything except the powder floating in the cabin Can't see the road or even to the side totally blind. I managed to get stopped on the side of the road off the HWY. I wasn't hurt, but my wife got hit in the right temple and required a trip to the hospital. Car has been totaled. Just waiting for the check so I can pick up my new Explorer which came in two days after the accident.

^^ wow.. glad everyone was alright and sounds like the Ex did its job.

Bright side your insurance pay out should be higher than trade in.

What dealer you use in KC?

Bright side your insurance pay out should be higher than trade in.

What dealer you use in KC?
Absolutely correct call. It was about 1K higher. Going through Louisburg Ford.

Back