Recommendations: 95 4x4 Upper Control Arms | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recommendations: 95 4x4 Upper Control Arms

RSchyns

Reaction score
City, State
Connecticut River Valley
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Any recommendations on replacement upper control arms? I certainly would want ball joints with grease fittings.

Thanks in Advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bump

Anyone?

sorry to dissapoint you with no answer, but i would like the same info

Yea, sorry to do the same thing; got no answer, just need one. Looks like I need to replace (or have replaced) the A-arm bushing. Any info on this job would be appreciated, plus info on getting greasable bushings next time.

Bump. Bump.

Moog makes an upper control arm/balljoint combo that has a grease fitting on the balljoint. They are very good quality and worth the money.

oh cool! do you have any more info like a link or a price perhaps? thnx...

Bump!

Um yeah, I need a new driver's side upper arm/ball joint too. Any ideas of where to get a Moog one and how much I should have to pay?

I looked at Napaonline.com, but they listed right and left sides. Which side is left and which is right? Driver's or passenger's side??? Cuz there was a big difference in price between the right and left sides at Napa. Right was like $56 and left was like $174. :eek:

I went with moog balljoints from carquest.com. About $120 each side. I know autozone has cheaper ones.

These are prices from autozone/carquest/napa I found around here:

http://explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89567

note: The Perfect Circle's where from Autozone. The more expensive one is the driver/left-hand side because it's one piece.

Ah, thank you so much muncheese!

Yeah, I saw that Perfect Circle's on the Autozone website.

I just got off the phone with a local auto parts store here in Houston, O'Reilly Auto Parts, and he quoted me a Moog Upper Control Arm/Ball Joint for $107.00. And he has one in stock.
He had to look it up under just a regular Explorer, cuz he didn't have anything listed for Explorer Sport Trac. But I think they should be the same.

Back