remote entry/alarm question/problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

remote entry/alarm question/problem

resqman

Reaction score
City, State
Palmyra,VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT 4.0 SOHC
98 Explorer XLT with OEM keyless/remote entry and alarm. When I lock/arm it, the horn chirps. When I unlock/disarm, the interior and puddle lights come on. The THEFT light on the dash works. The problem is the parking lights do not flash when it locks/arms, or when the alarm is set off. Is this a user programmable feature or has something gone wrong? Thanks in advance for any help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i believe it's user programmable, i remember something in another thread about that. i don't think it's a problem, just how it's set. do you want the lights to flash?

and welcome to the site!

Wow,that was quick

Yes I'd like for the lights to flash. I haven't seen anything in the owners manual about it Do you know how to program it or can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

use the search function, and search for PATS. the thread was about that. i gotta get some work done right now, but i'll research it for you more later.....

Tried searching PATS. It came up with programming new transponder keys, new remotes, and keyless entry info. Nothing for setting the lamps to flash or not flash.

Back