Remote Features Disabled for Battery Optimization?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote Features Disabled for Battery Optimization??

edwx

Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer XLT
Saw that message on my Fordpass app this am. It also said Start your vehicle with your key fob and your remote features will be restored. What does it mean when it says start your vehicle with your key fob? Does that mean remote start with the key fob, a normal start, or actually use the key? Sorry for the stupid question. Ed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe that message comes up when the battery charge gets low. I'm also guessing that Remote Start may be disabled and thus the message to use the key fob/manual start.
I wasn't able to find the exact wording in the Manual but did find this.
Low Battery Features Temporarily Turned Off
Displayed when the battery management system detects an
extended low-voltage condition. Various vehicle features will
be disabled to help preserve the battery. Turn off as many of
the electrical loads as soon as possible to improve system
voltage. If the system voltage has recovered, the disabled
features will operate again as normal.

Peter

Thanks. I was sitting in the vehicle for about an hour the previous day messing with owners manual and trying stuff out. Everything is fine now.

i have that message sometimes and i leave a dashcam in my car plugged into the second row 12V outlet all the time but I would figure the plug would time out after some time and the dashcam goes to sleep when I park

The modem is in sleep mode after several days of sitting idle..key fob doesn't use the modem so it's not disabled when modem is in sleep mode

Back