Remote Start Cluster Options versus Model Year | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote Start Cluster Options versus Model Year

jmr061

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 Exp Sport
Guys/Ladies

I would like to gather some info from those of you with remote start.

Model Year and Package (i.e. XLT, Sport, Limited) -
Options in Cluster Related to Remote Start (i.e. Climate, Rear Defrost, Seats etc) -
If you have heated or heated/cooled seat
Purchased w/remote start or added by dealer

Thanks

Jason

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Guys/Ladies

I would like to gather some info from those of you with remote start.

Model Year and Package (i.e. XLT, Sport, Limited) -
Options in Cluster (i.e. Climate, Rear Defrost, Seats etc) -
If you have heated or heated/cooled seat
Purchased w/remote start or added by dealer

Thanks

Jason

2014 Limited
Not sure what options in cluster means but yes
Heated/cooled seats
Factory remote start.

What do I win?

Although I don't have my 2011 Limited with factory installed Remote Start, here is a copy of what I posted in the thread entitled "Climate Settings With Remote Start" (http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333741&highlight=remote+start)

In the left hand screen I go into Vehicle/Remote Start/Climate Control and it gives me 5 options to turn ON or OFF.

Heater - A/C
Front Defrost
Rear Defrost
Driver's Seat
Passenger Seat

Peter

Not sure if this is the same as in the Explorers but here is what my 2014 MKT with factory Remote Start shows in the left screen.

Remote Start Climate Control (using this feature allows you to select different climate control modes when the vehicle is started using the remote start feature) Auto / Last Settings
Seats and wheel or Seats only Auto / Off
Duration 5 / 10 /15 minutes
System — check enabled (default) / uncheck disabled

Attachments

• PC130309_001.JPG
    PC130309_001.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 469

What are you trying to learn?

To see if their is consistency model year to model year, to see if the owner's manual is correct (which it isn't always) and to see if factory menus match dealer enabled menus.

I'll post up what mine shows once the dealer fixes their faux pas telling me it was enabled prior to me picking it up today.

Thanks for organizing this for future use, Jason!

It may be very helpful if you posted before and after configuration assuming there is an 'after' change.

Peter

2014 Sport 401A all options
Cluster Options: Climate, Rear Defrost, Heat/Cool Seats
Factory Remote Start
Added OEM Cellular Remote Start

It may be very helpful if you posted before and after configuration assuming there is an 'after' change.

Peter

Will do. I'll snap a photo of the left hand instrument display prior to tomorrow when I stop in, then after.

I've got a '15 XLT with the 202A package (see sig :D) Anyway, my left hand cluster now mirrors peter, with the exception of it's missing the "Seats & wheel" option.

Funny thing is, I have heated seats within the MFT screen.

I honestly can't go back to them to enable the heated seat menu option unless I am 100% sure it's possible first and where in the IDS that setting is, and also keep my sanity.

I about lost my mind trying to walk the line of not insulting them by overstepping my bounds on how to enable it within the IDS and be persistent that simply HAVING remote start enabled was possible on the '15 XLT. Start to finish it took almost an hour and a half and convincing two people :eek: I guess that's the price to pay if it doesn't cost anything.

If anyone can post up what they did on a '15 XLT with heated seats, it'd be mucho appreciated! Also a big shoutout to Jason for being awesome to work with getting my 5 button IKT key in 2 days and also the help along the way!

In short:

Year/Trim: '15 XLT
Left hand instrument panel now shows: Vehicle -> Remote Start (->Climate Control submenu & time duration submenu)
Heated seats: Yes, but nothing available within instrument cluster for this. Jury's still out until more of a sample size of people reporting it's possible on '15 XLT's

d48DWjIb.jpg

ZHhpV5Gb.jpg

15 sport, my remote start climate options are either: auto or last setting.

Ok this is the format I am looking for...see examples

2015 Limited
Climate
Rear Defrost
Front Defrost
Driver Seat
Passenger Seat

Heated/Cooled Seats
Factory Enabled

or

2013 Sport
Climate
Rear Defrost
Driver Seat
Passenger Seat

Heated Seats
Factory Enabled

or

2014 XTL
Climate
Rear Defrost

No Heated Seats
Dealer Activated

Thanks

I would like to see more replies to this....I am looking for differences in years and factory versus dealer enabled models

Bumped & edited my prior post with pictures of my left hand instrument cluster. For any potential XLT buyer, I don't know why you wouldn't want to negotiate this getting enabled prior to buying. Might even be possible to swing it post-sale saying "it came with the 100 series remote start, why doesn't it work" (make sure you have a key cut/programmed for your vehicle first, though)

Hi,

In my case it is just like Kar85 and his 2015 XLT.

2014 XLT
Climate (Auto or Last)
Duration (5 / 10 or 15 minutes)

I have no option for my heated seats and I am expecting answer from Ford Service to see if it is available or not.

Happy new Year to all.

2013 XLT
Settings> Vehicle Settings> Remote Start> Climate Control>
Heater A/C
Front Defrost
Rear Defrost
Duration
System

Heated Seats
Dealer Enabled

Back