• Register Today It's free!

Remote Start Questions

Vinsanity92

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island,New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 XLT NBX
Hi everyone im new and I got a few questions about remote starters. I want to get a higher end model I was looking at a viper 5902 remote start and alarm system. I know this will replace the factory alarms but will I still be able to use the keypad to open the doors and does anyone know if this will set off the alarm?
Thanks
Vince

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nope, the installer should wire it into the stock system somehow, so when you unlock it and whatnot and start it, the alarm doesnt go off, so im pretty sure you could still use the keypad...

Actually no, if you use the keypad it will trigger the current sensors in the alarm, so you will still be able to use it, but your new alarm will sound.

The way to keep it fully functional is to get an add on to factory keyless. The module has an "Arm" wire, that goes to your lock wire, and a "Disarm" wire that connects to your unlock. You can add a remote starter to that too, and you keep your FOB's and the keypad.

Get the Code Alarm remote start that is designed to work with your Explorer. They have an alarm model as well. I have had several of them and been very pleased with them.

Get the Code Alarm remote start that is designed to work with your Explorer. They have an alarm model as well. I have had several of them and been very pleased with them.

It would have to be the add on to keyless, I have the full code alarm one with RS and the keypad will trigger it.

The "add on" from Code Alarm that I have on the XLS works with the stock FOB and since that truck doesn't have the keypad on the door, I'm not sure if it would still work, this one does not have a remote starter, but I'm sure it can be added.

Back