remoter starter / antitheft activation | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

remoter starter / antitheft activation

zap_ingo

Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT
Hi all
Will any remote starter/keyless entry system like BullDog's or Ungo's activate my Antitheft when locking the doors?
Also, will the doors remains locked when you start the engine from the remote or they just unlock the doors and start the car?
Does Ungo's starter have the bypass and T-Harness like bulldog's?

thanks in advance

zap_ingo said:
Will any remote starter/keyless entry system like BullDog's or Ungo's activate my Antitheft when locking the doors?
Locking the doors before leaving will activate your factory anti-theft devise.

Also, will the doors remains locked when you start the engine from the remote or they just unlock the doors and start the car?
It will remain lock and protected until you disarm it with your key fab. If you try to open any of the doors or any entry point or anything that will make the alarm go off, the engine will shut off.

Does Ungo's starter have the bypass and T-Harness like bulldog's?
:shrugs:

Hi just bought the Bulldog RS1100, it was fairly easy install after finding out the cables, the ones in my car are different color codes than the schematics in bulldog's web site.

Just two things I still need to solve:

1. The keyless entry from the bulldog's remote only lock/unlock the doors, it doesn't set my antitheft (factory installed). With the kind of standard connection it acts like the door lock/unlock button, I have to lock the car before I leave or close the door.

2. The parking lights remain on for the period of time the starter is setup to function. I don't like to drive in the daytime with my lights on.

Is there any way to get around this?

thanks...

Back