Removing Intake Elbow | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Removing Intake Elbow

I need to remove my stock intake elbow, but with methanol I have to fab up a mustang inlet tube. Not doing it for looks, just functionability. First, the methanol will up my boost and I really need a blowoff valve and second, the methanol/water mix will eat up my rubber inlet tube.

Anyone done it? Pics?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why do you need to remove the elbow? I believe you are running 9psi correct? You should already be running a bypass valve.

I'm modifying a mustang intake tube, because the stock rubber one i have will deteriorate in no time with the methanol. No blow off valve yet, all I could find a cheap POS one that powerdyne makes for $100 bucks, which looks like it has maybe $5 in materials.

if you remove the elbow the heater box is in your way. You might be able to reverse the manifold and go down the drivers side for the intake

my brother ran the stock intake with out the elbow on it. we had a greddy type s blow off valve on it. it did not hit the heater box. the new one for the victor intake is alumiun where the other one steel. i still have it if you want to buy it. it even has a drill hole for methonal.

hey i replied back. take a look at my site there should be pics there of the tube my brother has. i also have a metal tube some where that would just replace the factory junk plastic on.

Back