Replaced front Hub/Bearing now ABS light | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Replaced front Hub/Bearing now ABS light

gforceman

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia beach VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 limited 4.6 V8
before i removed anything everything worked NO LIGHT now after i replace the front hub and plugged in the ABS wire i get a light that stays on then goes out pedal vibrates for a second like the ABS is applyed then stops then light comes back on , all while in driving anything to check ? i did disconnect battery after the fact duh

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Some questions here just to get the ball rolling:
Have you had the codes read? If so, what are they?
Is it possible you got a defective unit? Answer is yes. Defects happen.
Are you sure the connector connected properly? Try diconnecting it and then plugging it back in.
Could the sensor lead have come loose and been rubbed by a rotating part?

typical scanners dont read ABS codes i checked NO codes , resistance is 2.6 megohms at sensor went to store they checked another sensor that one read 2.6 megohms as well , i did connect and reconnect cable i get the same thing ,i thing i did do is after i disconnected ABS cable i turned key on and turned the steering wheel so i think it stored a code , i did also reinstall the old working sensor same problem, all that happens is whenever i restart truck and move the light will go out for 100feet then light will go back on , cruse control still works as well ,also i did a reading on the sensor on top of the master cylender and it read as a dead short got no reading 0.01ohm is that correct for that sensor ? or does the system need a reset by ford

upon inspection of the toothed index wheel in the hub i saw that 1 tooth wasnt square it had a notch in it will that cause abs to fail ? if so ill have to return the hub for another one

does the hub feel loose? That's usually a sign when the hub is going out....

-Shawn

FIXED !!! bad hub from advance auto returned and got one from ford

try replacing the Break Switch... It is a $20 part from your local ford dealer. It is mounted on top of the Master Cylider.

Back