replaced solenoid pack on 5r55w and still have smae obd code showing (P0775) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

replaced solenoid pack on 5r55w and still have smae obd code showing (P0775)

silverod777

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 xlt
I have changed the solenid pack and still get the same OBD code P0775. (pressure control solenoid b circuit) Any suggestions??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tell me your symptoms functionally. While that code *usually* indicates a bad solenoid, it can mean also a wiring harness issue, or some other problem in rare cases - hence... why I ask.

Tell me your symptoms functionally. While that code *usually* indicates a bad solenoid, it can mean also a wiring harness issue, or some other problem in rare cases - hence... why I ask.
the trans hesitates to shift from 1st to 2nd gear. it does finally shift at around 3000 to 4000 rpm. it also will slip into gear if i acclerate and then release the gas pedal.

well.... the first thing I would do is carefully check the harnesses both inside and out of the trans... you might find you suffered some damage. This is not easy, and rarely is the case.... but is the first thing I wuld check.

Second up I'd check the VB torque.

If that does not do it I'd replace the VB gasket and retorque the VB... maybe just do it along with the next item anyway instead of going in twice.

Has the fluid been changed lately? Might be a good time to do it. Add a new Fram microfelt filter.

Next we get into sensor inputs. Output speed shaft sensor, TFT sensor and VSS sensor specifically.

Lastly we get in the the OD servo and the band it applies. Check the band adjustment.... if that is not it maybe replace the OD servo (a pita, btw).

Those are my thoughts.

Late additions to thoughts:

Could also be a VB bore hanging up.

Do you have 5th gear? Almost mimics a busted OD band from your description.

I doubt it but a bad PCM could do this. Low order possibility tho.

Frankly I would have bet your new Block would have solved it. Did you replace the block gasket when you replaced it or reuse the old one?

I am having similar problems with my 5R55W in my 02 Explorer.
It started with OD light blinking and slipping between 2-3 then set a hard code of 0745. (Solenoid block or circuit) ALLDATA shows TSB for broken intermediate band. Re Torqued to specs and it now shifts somewhat better.
Replaced Solenoid block, filter and 5 qts V fluid. Reset OBDII and still had same problem.
Trouble shooting flow charts show the intermediate servo could be leaking.
Can this be replaced on the vehicle or will the yoke attaching the servo stem to the band fall down?
Also, could re-torqueing the Overdrive band help in any way?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

The band part shouldn't fall out providing the transmission is still in a horizontal position (still in the vehicle). Replace both servos while you are doing this, and adjust the bands when you are finished.

Solved

Hi guys,

Just fixed my tranny with the same problem, i had replaced the solenoid block and tightened bands in an effort to fix this issue, however after going through alll the threads in this forum on 5r55w, i decided to take my tranny apart. On having it on the bench, i had opened the pump and uptil the place where you have the od band and i decided i will take out the OD servo before going further into the beast. The OD band was intact and i could achieve the appropriate torque, however when i opened the OD servo cover, i found that the OD servo had broken and popped out in a circle where the piston attached the umbrella like thing on its head.

So this explained why i had this problem even when i could achieve the necessary torque, Replace the servo, and the band and put it all back together, Now it runs like new!!

Thanks to Glacier, brooklyn bay and all other guys who has made this forum what it is. I will become a paid member next month...all the info that you have provided has saved me a lot of money and it is only fair that i do something which will help this site keep going!. The dealer wanted 10 times the amount that i spent on fixing it and the local transmission shops wanted money in advance and they wouldn't guarantee anything.

Thanks again guys and keep up the good work!!... And to guys who had the same problem and went off without giving feed back as to how it was fixed....Thanks to you too!!

Back