replaced solenoid pack still have o/d light flashing | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

replaced solenoid pack still have o/d light flashing

02fordxlt02

Reaction score
City, State
East, Tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer
Hello,

I recently had my check engine light come on, I took it to my local parts store and had the code read which was p0775 solenoid B, I researched the forums and asked questions and figured I would go ahead and replace the solenoid pack, so I did, after doing so i took it for a test drive,

Everything seem fine the hard shift that I had before was much smoother even tho it would shift at 3000rpm in first gear. I figured that it was fixed. Today I was driving and the o/d light started flashing again (the light was flashing before I replace the solenoid) I got home and started reading more threads and see that a lot of people said they had to replace the o/d servo and intermediate servo or the o/d band.

Is there a way to check if the o/d band broke or if there servo needs to be replace. I'm lost and need as much advice as possible. also trying to stay away from a shop if possible. :D

Could be worn servo bores. Do a search on the forum for "worn servo bore symptoms" and see if others who have had issues with worn servo bores had symptoms similar to yours. The flashing OD light suggests to me that it may be the case with you.

If that is what's going on with your truck, you have 2 options:

1: have the trans dropped and have the servo bores sleeved

or

2: get the modified servos from www.fordservoboretransmissionfixsolution.com

they are OEM type servos but have had a groove machined in them for an O ring that prevents loss of pressure on the servos due to worn bores. Installation can be done with the transmission in the truck, and with the new installation sleeves, you don't need to chamfer the bores anymore to install them.

If worn servo bores are your issue, and you are looking to go with option 2, send me a private message. I have a complete set of the modified servos for sale (bought them for my 2004 explorer but it was totalled in an accident before I installed them, so they're brand new in the box). My new 2008 truck has a different transmission so they're of no use to me now, so I will gladly sell them for less than what's on the website listed above.

Could be worn servo bores. Do a search on the forum for "worn servo bore symptoms" and see if others who have had issues with worn servo bores had symptoms similar to yours. The flashing OD light suggests to me that it may be the case with you.

If that is what's going on with your truck, you have 2 options:

1: have the trans dropped and have the servo bores sleeved

or

2: get the modified servos from www.fordservoboretransmissionfixsolution.com

they are OEM type servos but have had a groove machined in them for an O ring that prevents loss of pressure on the servos due to worn bores. Installation can be done with the transmission in the truck, and with the new installation sleeves, you don't need to chamfer the bores anymore to install them.

If worn servo bores are your issue, and you are looking to go with option 2, send me a private message. I have a complete set of the modified servos for sale (bought them for my 2004 explorer but it was totalled in an accident before I installed them, so they're brand new in the box). My new 2008 truck has a different transmission so they're of no use to me now, so I will gladly sell them for less than what's on the website listed above.

Going to Tanny shop for diagnosis test and if they even recommend Servo's I will be looking into retro fitted ones.

Thanks for help

Back