Replacement side mirror glass.

V6XPL

Reaction score
City, State
Braintree, Essex, UK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 North Face
:exp::uk:

Hi there, I'm new to all this!!! Have inherited my brother's beloved Explorer North Face after he died at Christmas (meningitis) and want to look after it. So far some idiot has broken my drivers (RHS) side mirror glass - please can anyone recommend where I can get a decent replacement in the UK. And driven into the back of it at a junction - his car apparently just crumpled (kinda cool, but don't tell himself I said that as I am supposed to be cross that he broke my car) but one of the reversing sensors has broken :mad: and the bumper top is a little poorly. Any ides where I can get replacement parts for these in the UK or recommendations as to who ships to the UK for a reasonable price. BTW I now get why he loved the car so much she's awesome.

Thanks for your help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome! Halfords should be able to sort you out with the mirror glass.

Mirror glass

Hi there, thanks for that have just looked online and apparently it's a no, but will try instore!

Yep ask in store. They should be able to get the part for you

Ta, is there anymore advice or tips you can give me about Explorers please? It's daft but my brother has added all manner of things to his car, impressive alloy wheels, amazing alarm, reversing sensors, anti flattening tyres - he spent hours sourcing parts - he had been classed as disabled after an operation didn't go to plan so had the time. But I am at a loss where to start as he's not around to ask. Websites like this are such a help. Thanks again.

Welcome to the site. Check out the UK owners section. I can confirm that Halfords do list a mirror glass for both nearside and offside. (had small incident with a hedge!!!!!)

Excellent stuff will order one on my way home! Thank you - seeing all these off road pics makes me want to have a go! Hmmm could get into this.

Welcome V6XPL
There are a bunch of knowledgeable bods on this uk part as well as all the guys over the pond.
For parts i prefer to use chrisquelch from here for used parts. If he doesn't have what i need then i call justin at explorerpartsuk. For new parts i have used ebay and usaautomotive and importers american car and commercial.
For your parking sensor see if you can see a makers name on the contrl box and then have a quick ebay search. You may find a helpful company that can sell you just the sensor and you can splice it in. For the bumper you could also check with chris or justin tho i'm sure any bodywork guy could repair.
regards

Back