2017 Passenger side mirror glass issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 Passenger side mirror glass issue

Shane Turner

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer sport
My 2017 explore sport passenger side mirror will go all the way in the up position and click, until I hit the mirror down button. It does this when hitting the memory button. I can set the mirror back and hit the memory to save the position and it will be fine. Then after shutting the vehicle off and getting back in to hit the memory button the mirror will go all the way up again. Any ideas??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Shane. I'm a little confused, so I hope it's just your terminology. As far as I know, the mirrors don't go up or down. They fold in and out. They should fold in when the vehicle is turned off and out again when you start up. This is of course assuming you have that feature enabled.
According to the Manual, if you fold the mirror manually, you then have to use the switch to fold it in and out. I'm not sure if that also applies to setting it in position manually. Resetting procedure is on page 86. Give that a try and see if helps.

Peter

I will say my '17 Limited does the same thing.. sometimes it's the driver's mirror, sometimes the passenger.. no rhyme or reason.. always afraid it's going to break the mirror when it happens.. it will go all the way up until it clicks but will then go to the saved position. Maybe it is it's way of getting to a "starting" position?

Hi Shane. I'm a little confused, so I hope it's just your terminology. As far as I know, the mirrors don't go up or down. They fold in and out. They should fold in when the vehicle is turned off and out again when you start up. This is of course assuming you have that feature enabled.
According to the Manual, if you fold the mirror manually, you then have to use the switch to fold it in and out. I'm not sure if that also applies to setting it in position manually. Resetting procedure is on page 86. Give that a try and see if helps.

Peter
He is pertaining to the mirror itself, not the shell (when you press the memory button, sometimes the motor moves the mirror all the way pointing up until it clicks)

Peter
The mirror glass itself is what I was referring to. I know the mirror assembly itself goes in and out. When you hit the memory butting your mirror will go to the saved setting. My mirror glass goes in the up position and will continue to try and raise until I have to hit the down button for the mirror.

Thanks for the clarification. I have edited the thread title. Being the only driver of my vehicles I've never paid any attention to the side mirror glass memory settings. While there are threads/posts about issues with the folding mirror, I don't recall if there have been any reports about issues with the glass itself.

Peter

My 2018 Limited does it on the Drivers side. Mirror goes all the way right on mine.
Try going the opposite way and let it click 5 times to reset the center. Then adjust and memorize. Usually works for 4 months on mine.

Fritz

Back