replacing my grille.. how to take off the bottom bumper? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

replacing my grille.. how to take off the bottom bumper?

deuce07

Reaction score
City, State
hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 xlt v8 ironman
okay so i saw the link http://cwgrilles.com/pdf/4264.pdf and searched the site. no one has mentioned on how to remove the actual bumper itself.

i'm currently in another state of where my car is and i'm trying to plan out my attack on getting my bentley looking style grille installed.

i have the 2007 ford explorer iron man edition, so the biege bumper sticks out to where it would get damaged if i tried to remove the grille without removing the bottom bumper.

let me know guys:salute::salute::salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks but like i mentioned earlier, i have the ironman edition, which has a extra peice right in front of the grille. if i did not remove the front lower bumper (that beige peice) i would be just as stupid as my dealership in damaging the biege peice

Is there not enough space between the beige plastic bumper part and the grille to put a putty knife in to unclip?

not enough space that is why i need to remove the lower bumper

Maybe this image can help a little.

7505021meo.jpg

Maybe this image can help a little.

7505021meo.jpg

i seen this picture somewhere, i can't find the thread. i'm thinking it might give me some clue. could u point me to the thread please? thanks!

Sorry, I also cannot remember which thread it was.
I made a copy for later use and I am sure there weren't more pictures.

Back