Replacing radio ariel

Aspire

Reaction score
City, State
Chesterfield
Year, Model & Trim Level
NortFace 2000 LPG
hi Guys,

Just got a reconditioned radio ariel from Justin. Has anyone replaced one and how easy and what steps as I am assuming I have to remove the inner wing guard, the radio so I can get to back of it and some panelling in the driver area to get to cables etc.

Cheers for advice / steps

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hi you need to remove the panle in drivers foot well it just unclips. ariel conections are all in that area .remove inner wing liner should be able to get in to the ariel by just removing the rear end fixings and pulling out of the way.
there is a bracket fixing the ariel to inner wing .on the top of wing remove plastic cover and undo large nut ariel will pull down and out . refit revears order.
cheers chris

This is one of the first jobs I tackled when I bought my Ex. - however on that occasion I opted to replace the leccy aerial with a fixed mast to save on the hassle associated with it breaking again (and again).

Many times what happens is the plastic tooth cable that feeds the aerial snaps and leaves the leccy motor spinning away and the arial not moving. This usually necessitates having to remove the entire assembly and open it up to fit the new tooth cable. Its really is a straightforward job (seriously). Take your time, be patient and wiggle stuff free etc. and it will be fine.

The great thing about this job is that you literally follow the cable and wires and you won't go wrong.

The only piece of advice I will give you is to make sure the rubber grommet which allows the aerial into the passenger compartment is fixed securely to ensure no moisture etc. will leak into the car. The entry point for the aerial is located around where the accelerator pedal is in the car, so it will mean pulling the carpet back to get at it.

It took me about 20MINs to do and it is a seriously simple job. Good luck!

hi, im in need of fixing mine aswell, does anyone have one i could buy or where do you find the parts to fix the plastic strip?

If you can hear the motor running when you turn the radio on and off then this will do the trick

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360440833486

As had been mentioned above you need to get the whole motor assembly out and open it up to remove the broken 'tail' of plastic, but all pretty straight forward. I think over time the mast seizes then the plastic snaps trying to pull it down, so every now and then I give mine a quick lube up with some vaseline (the aerial that is :eek: )

nice one. i have bought it and recieved the part, ill be getting round to it hopefully over the weekend and ill get some piccys up of replacing the part.

Ditch the fancy leccy aerial man, and go with the simple fixed mast ;o)

Our aerial is stuck in the up position now - no sound of a motor running when the ignition is one and the radio goes on or off.. Checked all the fuses we can find - both in the drivers end of the dash and under the bonnet but can't find anything wrong.

When my plastic strip broke I just got a new mast from ebay. Took the old one off and out by running the motor ie radio on and fed the new run in while the motor was running down ie radio turning off. worked fine. no dismantle motor etc.

Hi,

New to all this as I have just bought a '98,only had the car a week and just starting to sort it out! Does anybody have a source for a complete antenna as mine is definitely dead-looks like the control board has melted several components. Also need a 2 (3) button fob.

Thanks

Steve

parts

hi steve
pm me i have both items .
cheers chris

Back