Ride Height question

LBarr2002

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Leesville, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT 4x4, '92 XLT 4x4
Does anyone have the measurements (or can you go measure) the front ride height of a first gen stock? I'm looking for a measurement without sag, so either someone who has fairly new stock height springs, or the skyjacker 2" springs and I can subtract 2" from the measurement. I guess the best measurement is bottom of wheel to wheel opening?

I've got a set of spacers, but I'm trying to decide if I should use them or go ahead and buy the skyjacker springs. I know there are more advantages to new springs, but I've already got spacers. I have a set of 32's that I need to clear, so if my truck has sagged much the spacers may only get me back to stock height. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I checked 5 different first gens in a parking lot today. All appeared to be stock. The front from ground to edge of the wheel well averaged 32 1/4 and the rear averaged 32 1/8. Hope this helps. Sorry it took so long to post.

Thanks, I'll get out and measure mine when it warms up a little...

Just got out and checked it. I knew it had some butt sag, but I didn't realize it was that bad. My measurements were 33" on the front and 31" on the back (with 30" tires). I guess that's about right for the front by those numbers. I guess I'll be using the spacers up front and both AAL and shackles in back to level it up.

I did f150 spacers and war 153s on mine. With stock 235/75r15 tires mine measures 34 3/4 front and 34 in rear.

Back