• Register Today It's free!

rockford p3s

Garretthomas

Reaction score
City, State
Independence
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 explorer xlt
hey guys im looking at buying two of the 08 model p3s and was wondering wut bot they would sound best and be the loudest in and wut would be the average dbs of two of these maxxed?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

average spl I would say is between 100-180 db. I get tired to noobs always asking about what db this and db that. There is NO WAY to calculate that unless you meter it on a reliable meter like the termlab or a properly calibrated meter.

IMO the P3s are crap. But they can take a beating. I strongly dislike the weak dustcaps.

average spl I would say is between 100-180 db. I get tired to noobs always asking about what db this and db that. There is NO WAY to calculate that unless you meter it on a reliable meter like the termlab or a properly calibrated meter.

IMO the P3s are crap. But they can take a beating. I strongly dislike the weak dustcaps.

X2, you can get a lot of better subs for the money of P3's.

hey guys im looking at buying two of the 08 model p3s and was wondering wut bot they would sound best and be the loudest in and wut would be the average dbs of two of these maxxed?

Loudest and sound good? Two very opposite ends of the spectrum there... Here it is, Two p3s may be loud to "you." People around my area think Two 10" subs, sealed box, pyle amps, and 8 gauge wire is loud. So those subs may be loud to "you." If you have never heard a 150+ db system on music, go for the p3s. I bet you wont notice a differance. Because if you have never heard loud, 2 10"s can be loud. There is no question that you are new to audio... (But we all were at one time or another) Loud in a competition is a little strange. It has so many varibles, car type, subs, amps, power, dampening, BOX DESIGN ( That one is important;) ) As far as metering it, well what group you compete in has so many rules. No matter what one. Car on or off, windows open or closed, meter placement, and a ton of others.

As far as no way to calculate, I have a buddy who is super into car audio. He can build a box, and tell you what it will hit wayyyyy before a meter ever goes into it. He just knows his explorer VERY well.

um woah dont make aquzations at me im far from new to audio and can feel were you all are coming from but trust me iv heard loud systems but i was just asking average decibal for 2 12 p3s iv had my share of nice subs but i cant get anything to take my amp and 2 of these look like a good match i dunno just i dont lick kickers i had 2 12 l5s and they blew and i like the sound of rockford and cant afford image dynamics so im choosing p3s of ebay 100 a pop

If you don't have a good signal source and amplifier, even the best quality speakers will sound like crap at any volume.
One good rule of thumb is to buy the best you can afford that has the correct impedance, the power handling capacity to handle the power output of your amp. (keep in mind you may want to upgrade in the future), that fits your enclosure properly and has a good manufacturer's warranty.
The name brands are usually your best bet but often you are paying more for the name than anything else (JL, Klipsch, Cerwin-Vega etc.)
Find the speakers you want at a local store, or find a friend that has the same speaker(s) and listen to them first. Your opinion of how they sound is what really counts, not some ad in a magazine or a website or some friend that thinks they are the best. After all they will be in your vehicle, you will be the one listening to them all the time.
After you find the one(s) you want, THEN shop around for the best price from a store or from an internet site or wherever. Remember to not skimp on connectors, wiring, sound-deadening material or enclosure, those all have a major impact on sound quality.
Research the product well, after all, it's your money, your vehicle and YOUR ears, don't buy something just because someone else likes it.
P.S. Try using a spell-checker, and use punctuation. Your postings are really hard to read and understand. One big run-on sentence sux to try to read.

um woah dont make aquzations at me im far from new to audio and can feel were you all are coming from but trust me iv heard loud systems but i was just asking average decibal for 2 12 p3s iv had my share of nice subs but i cant get anything to take my amp and 2 of these look like a good match i dunno just i dont lick kickers i had 2 12 l5s and they blew and i like the sound of rockford and cant afford image dynamics so im choosing p3s of ebay 100 a pop

This is a forum, we do not know you. Asking an average db is a noob thing... If you have had "nice" subs, why p3s now? What amp do you have? If you blew subs before, do you really know what you are doing? If you like it, and the price is right for you, why would you not do it? Why would you even ask on a forum?

Back