Rolled To Over 50,000 (s)Miles Today!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rolled To Over 50,000 (s)Miles Today!!

Bill #5 Explorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago Area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
2011 Limited. Purchased February 2011. Early build, November 2010.

She's been rock solid. Especially after all the TSB's were done this early spring.

This is the best Explorer I've owned. I've had a 2003, 2005 and a 2007.

We celebrated with a Mobil 1 oil change and tire rotation at Wal-Mart this morning, and then a car wash and gas fill-up at lunch time.

In October, she'll get new shoes. The Kumhos have been great. Never had an SUV tire last over 45k miles, and these will go at least 55k.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

She's been rock solid. Especially after all the TSB's were done this early spring.

We celebrated with a Mobil 1 oil change and tire rotation at Wal-Mart this morning, and then a car wash and gas fill-up at lunch time.

In October, she'll get new shoes. The Kumhos have been great. Never had an SUV tire last over 45k miles, and these will go at least 55k.
Congratulations Bill. :party:
I picked mine up March 14th, 2011 and am now only 43,742 miles behind you.:D

Peter

good lord...

im only at 15k and i thought that was alot of miles.

Congratulations!!! WOW, hearing from an early 5th gen owner and miles still adding up, great!!! Keep them adding up!!!:thumbsup:

In about 70,000 miles, I'll be buying Explorer #5!! Thank you FORD!!:)

Way to go Bill congrats! Question have you replaced brake pads yet,if so at what mileage?

Way to go Bill congrats! Question have you replaced brake pads yet,if so at what mileage?

No I have not, and don't expect to until about 90,000ish. I never ever replaced brake pads in my 2003 or 2005 Explorers. They were both returned on lease from a company fleet at about the 70,000 miles mark.

On my 2007 Eddie Bauer, we had the pads replaced at about 90-95,000 miles. Rotors were fine, just pads. At the 120,000 mile mark, it was traded in towards my 2011 ($13,000 on trade).

So, I expect the same from the 2011 Limited.

These are my company car. Lots of highway driving. Not a lot of city stop & go.

My 2013 is only 3 1/2 MONTHS old and it's got 7500 miles already. Driving my kids to their sporting events each day/week is racking up the miles.

No major issues at all other than a few small items, which were corrected quickly

Ours was purchased March 2011 and it just turned 21,000 miles.

we are also pleased with ours
HOWEVER
explorer and rolled over should NEVER be used in the same sentence
brianj

Back