Roof paint is cracking and rust on Roof 04 xlt | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Roof paint is cracking and rust on Roof 04 xlt

Has anyone else had issues with paint in the valleys of the roof on the outside cracking and rusting, went to ford today, not covered under warranty, they say it isn't perferation of panel, said it will cost me $600 to fix. HELP!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i've seen this problem on alot of older suv's but nothing as new as an 04. go to other body shops and get estemates. if ford isn't coverin it no use in payin there body shop rates. a smaller shop could probably do it for alot cheaper.

Has anyone else had issues with paint in the valleys of the roof on the outside cracking and rusting, went to ford today, not covered under warranty, they say it isn't perferation of panel, said it will cost me $600 to fix. HELP!

Yup, I am having the same problem with my 05. I got several estimates and there were around $800. I am tossing around the idea of rolling on truck bed protector stuff in the valleys and being done with it.

Not sure if it's the same issue but my 03 is rusting in the rain gutters. Looks like the paint started chipping where the side of the gutter meet the bottom. Sorry for the bad pics, I didn't realize the top was so filthy, especially since it was detailed last week. I really hope I'm not looking at $800 repair.

th_33905_100_0008_122_505lo.jpg
th_33903_100_0006_122_11lo.jpg

i've got an '04 with the same thing.
I'm just going to use touch up paint and try and cover it up. Since its the roof and not many people look at it, color match won't matter.

i've got an '04 with the same thing.
I'm just going to use touch up paint and try and cover it up. Since its the roof and not many people look at it, color match won't matter.

My parents' '03 has the same problem.

Back