Roof Rack

skidoomxz99

Reaction score
City, State
Leominster, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Eddie Bauer Explorer
Hi-

I did search but didn't find much information. What are people doing for roof boxes (Thule, Yakima, etc.) for the X? I am planning a vacation but will need more cargo space so I was thinking about a roof boc by Thule. Since my 02 EB has a factory roof rack with rails, can you mount a Thule rack right to it?

Are there any other roof boxes that you would recommend?

Thanks,
Mike

Subscribing to thread... I have the same issue!

Thanks

skidoomxz99 said:
Hi-

I did search but didn't find much information. What are people doing for roof boxes (Thule, Yakima, etc.) for the X? I am planning a vacation but will need more cargo space so I was thinking about a roof boc by Thule. Since my 02 EB has a factory roof rack with rails, can you mount a Thule rack right to it?

Are there any other roof boxes that you would recommend?

Thanks,
Mike

Yes you can. Thule has oer 20 carriers you can use with the setup that attaches to the crossbars, and I am sure that Yakima has several also (just check out Thule.com or Yakima.com to see which one you want, or go to a store like REI or a bike shop to see some options).

I picked up an older Thule "Sweden 600" tonight. It is huge, long enough that I am not sure if I can fully open my hatch. This unit seems VERY well made and after obviously a few years of use seems to have held up quite well, other than one broken latch.
What I am missing is the mounting set up to attacche it to the factory roof rack. Anyone out there running a Thule that can comment on attachment points?
thanks

Back