Roof Rail Delete | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Roof Rail Delete

So much for being unattainable special you-need-a-hookup parts. :chug: :snicker:
Sadly, that is the line given out by the OTC parts folks. My service writer explained that what the OTC can see is not as detailed as that of the commercial parts group. If you research Levittown Ford there is more than one parts groups. I ended up in touch tone hell before I figured it out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ya! those are the p/n's I found. Wonder if that is the same Benny from my Mopar forum...Based on the parts I found, the retainer may be specific to them as well. I can list those out too

Right molding - LB5Z-7850462-AA
Right retainer - LB5Z-7802500-AB
Left molding - LB5Z-7850463-AA
Left retainer - LB5Z-7802501-AB

Here are the parts w/ picture. There is the molding and the short retainer below. I can't get numbers for the bolts, nuts and clips though. Maybe benny could. I would also have him check the retainer as there looks to be 2 part numbers, sunroof and light bar
Don't know. Their auto group is multi-line iirc.

The inserts are in transit. They will be installed Monday along with my rear light bar and r/l rear side window strobes. Also the inboard front sensors relocation kit.

The inserts are in transit. They will be installed Monday along with my rear light bar and r/l rear side window strobes. Also the inboard front sensors relocation kit.

Any luck?

Already on the Explorer. Took the tech several hrs per side. The pictures are posted on the forum somewhere.

1590883237398.png

I don't recall seeing that picture before.

Peter

Already on the Explorer. Took the tech several hrs per side. The pictures are posted on the forum somewhere.
Very Nice...so was this the correct parts list?

Very Nice...so was this the correct parts list?

I too would like to know.

Found it ................
Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
LB5Z-7850462-AA​
Roof Molding *****inspect and provide photo before shipping ***- Benny​
$207.21​
1​
$207.21​
LB5Z-7850463-AA​
Roof Molding​
$207.21​
1​
$207.21​
Subtotal: $414.42​
Estimated Shipping: Free​
Total: $414.42​

Hi, removed the roof rails myself, about two hours, careful inside headliner Peel back and six nuts. Not too bad, just be gentle and patient
You did both sides in two hours ?

Hi, removed the roof rails myself, about two hours, careful inside headliner Peel back and six nuts. Not too bad, just be gentle and patient
My rails have only 4 mounting studs. Are you speaking of a 5th gen ?

Right O/E luggage rail. ST w/o sunroof. Only 4 mtg studs.
IMG_20200613_212504.jpg
Full length. Note two studs approx 18" apart on the left. Then, the other two to the front.
IMG_20200613_212529.jpg
Rear half of rail showing the rearward mounting studs.
IMG_20200613_212544.jpg

Front half showing the two forward studs. The flange nuts were reused during the install of the replacement inserts. Took 2 hrs per side by trained tech.

If so, I'd like to know how he came up with a count of 6 mounting studs. There are two plastic guide pins but they are not threaded. The pictures plainly show only 4 threaded mounting studs. The entire assembly consists of 4 pieces. The top rail, the two under the rail sections that snap clip to the rail and lastly the plastic trim piece that clips to the rear.(Not shown)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Darn it, my wife is gonna be mad at you Mikey*TX, she THINKS she already got my Christmas presents.......;) Has anyone else done this to a ST with sunroof. Mikey's is the Bomb!

Back