• Register Today It's free!

Rough idle and some codes

Dayvyd

Reaction score
City, State
Murfreesboro,TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98' Sport
I have a p1507 code, and one for o2 censor. The 1507 code is for IAC under speed error. I have cleaned the IAC, and checked electicals. Nothing has changed so far. I just 15 minutes ago cleaned it so does it need to go through a drive cycle? Could possible be a vacuum leak. How can I check this? WHere do I check? I do not want to change o2 censor because i think if p1507 code is fixed, I may not need o2 censor. What is happening is when I start it sometime, doesnt matter the weather, it will idle rough for about 15 to 30 seconds idleing from 100 to 1500 back and forth. Any ideas???

I have a p1507 code, and one for o2 censor. The 1507 code is for IAC under speed error. I have cleaned the IAC, and checked electicals. Nothing has changed so far. I just 15 minutes ago cleaned it so does it need to go through a drive cycle? Could possible be a vacuum leak. How can I check this? WHere do I check? I do not want to change o2 censor because i think if p1507 code is fixed, I may not need o2 censor. What is happening is when I start it sometime, doesnt matter the weather, it will idle rough for about 15 to 30 seconds idleing from 100 to 1500 back and forth. Any ideas???

buy a new IAC. That code means the IAC isn't following orders from the computer. Forget the 02 sensor.

IACs can definately go bad and no amount of cleaning will help. Disconnect the IAC and see what happens. Vac leaks more often than not have other codes like P0171.

Back