RRORC Hancock/Tomichi Pass, ITS A GO!...more info | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

RRORC Hancock/Tomichi Pass, ITS A GO!...more info

cpousnr

Reaction score
City, State
Centennial, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ranger XLT 4X4
Just go off the phone with Selida Ranger district and Lee at the ST Elmo General store.

Both passes open, no snow conditions, HOWEVER, Lee at St Elmo is taking tomorrow off and will be going there tomorrow. He asked me to call back Friday for first hand conditions.

A question. Lee said that the aspen are changing in the higer elevations, but not much in the valley. Is there any interest in delaying one week or do we want to do it the 15th? Risk the chance of another storm bringing snow if we wait.

Please email me with your comments or post here, thanks.

Final Call for this trip

Talked with Lee at St Elmo General Store today 9/14/01.

Hancock Pass is open, just a real rough road.

Tomichi Pass is open, very narrow shelf road.

Neither pass has any snow.

The trip is still a go, will email all people that expressed an interest my cel phone number.

Please be aware that the rally point is at the Safeway, not the King Soopers on Ken Caryl.

Still looking for a response from rockymtnhi to set up a caravan with a Ranger from Pueblo. The Ranger is coming.

We welcome Daren from Aurora to the trip, he drives a 70 Jeep YJ, lifted 4 inches.

Unable to contact the Explorer4X4 member from Pueblo who was suppose to contact me on Tuesday.

Unable to confirm the CSU student who expressed an interest early on.

My son Andy cannot make the trip as he is anticipating active duty with the Army Reserve and was told by his unit to stay within an hours time of the unit.

Will wait until 8AM, hope all make it. The aspen are partially turned. Passes are open, views are first class, old mines are spectacular and for the adventurious, Iron Chest is one of the worst trails in the state. Something for everyone.

Bring warm clothes, food for lunch, there is icecream at St Elmo, and snack food, water, jacket and a camera and plenty of film.

Can't make it .

With much regret , just to many things goin' on this weekend . Hopefully next time . Hope all going have a great time ...;)

Back