Rust repair help. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rust repair help.

Hello everyone, I would like to ask a question about my 98 Ford Explorer Sport 2 door. I have a LOT of rust in the rocker panel area. I bought new rocker panels for it but now I need the lower front quarter panel piece in order to have something to weld to. I have tried and tried looking on the net to try and find these pieces but no luck finding anything for a 2 door. They have them for a 4 door. I was lucky to find the rocker panels for a 2 door at Raybuck auto parts online. The truck is black and has the silver fender flares and plastic trim the goes down the bottom and that is the cause of all this mess! I would rather not put them back on but the way the truck is made underneath I kind of have to. HEEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!!!!! If anyone knows of a site to find a piece of metal for that area I would be very thankful!:exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome

when i redid my truck, what i ended up doing was chopping the rockers (both inner and outer) off a four door as well as a portion of the rear door. i then shortened the rockers to fit, then welded the door part to the rocker to match the lower 1/4 panel. don't know if this helps you or not, but that's how i did mine.

ahhhh sorry I haven't been on here in a while but thank you so much for that idea! It is very hard to find body parts for a 2 door! GEESH!

BTW, if your going to keep promoting your own product, i would think they would want you to become a vendor.

Honestly your not battling the key problem.. The rust on the inner dog leg/door sill. I would have sanded it down to bare metal, patched what areas needed to be re-done.

Back