• Register Today It's free!

safari roof rack

redsport

Reaction score
City, State
newaygo michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 sport
My 94 sport doesnt have a roof rack, witch isnt all that bad but i have yet to see another sport with one. I geuss its possible the previous owner removed it. Just curious how many of you have an aftermarket roof rack. I think i want maybe a safari basket or somthing like that... im not sure... just lookin for sugestions

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a surco safari rack and I love it. I can actually use my roof now to carry stuff that I dont want in the cargo area.

I too have the Surco and it is great. Not only does it look good but it is very functional. I highly recommend it.

Randy

any pics? how hard was the installation?

I have a Yakima roof rack with a basket. I also have light mounts (no lights yet), hi-lift jack mount, spare tire mount. Check my photos here on this site to see it.

mine

Attachments

• dcp_0004.jpg
    dcp_0004.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 3,743

i've got a thule (no basket) and i love it. i think any type of aftermarket setup you get will be better than stock, anyways. but in your case i guess you don't have to worry about that :rolleyes:

I've got Thule rails and a Thule safari basket.
It is great.

Mine:
after.jpg

Installation was almost too easy :D

looks nice.... im jealous, but because i dont already have holes predrilled in my roof, what would be the right way to go about doing the install?

Back