Sarfari rack with lights, will I still fit in the garage? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sarfari rack with lights, will I still fit in the garage?

WannaXP8

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer
I have a 7 foot tall garage, if I get a sarfari rack with some lights, will I still be able to fit in the garage, my explorer is lifted 2 inches with 31s. So can maybe some people with racks measure how tall they are..so if I buy them I want to use them, and not have to take them off when I go into the garage..

Go measure your Explorer as it sits now.

See how much room you have.

I am guessing the safari rack will top out at 6-8" over your roof height now. Then add lights.

I will say this, my Explorer on 38s fits in my 7ft garage, but just barely. Then again, I am not running much lift.

I have a 7 foot garage to, I have a 3" PA Body lift with a Torsion Bar twist and 32" Tires. With that set up I could fit in my Garage , when I added the safari rack I was to tall by about 1". So now that it's getting cold I'm going to take my rack off so I can fit in the garage. My wife was pissed when she found out it wouldnt fit. Hope that helps.

well I only have a 2 inch TT and Shackles, and 31s, so I think I might just fit..I hope..:cool:

Back