satellite antenna fault | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

satellite antenna fault

annicaden

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
14 ford explorer limited
Hi all. I have a 14 silver limited explorer...i love. However, in the last few, weeks I am, getting a satellite antenna fault *no source* for my sirius. It hasn't been 6 months. My fm works fine.. anyone know of any fixes or issues with this happening. I, would appreciate it greatly. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your profile shows you have a 2005 Mazda!
I had a somewhat similar issue with my MKT after I picked it up. When on SIRIUS, there would be a message saying 'No Signal' but the channels were working properly. I did a Master Reset and everything cleared up. In your case it sounds like you aren't getting any Sirius channels at all. You can go to their website and do a 'Resend My Signal' request and see if that fixes it. Otherwise I would give them a call and see if they can tell you what the problem might be.

Peter

Thanks peter. Will try. I updated my vehicle info ND a pic when, it arrived back in january. . The, Mazda is long gone and traded in when the explorer arrived.

Also, is that function on the settings to do a reset. I, had my Father in law take out the fuses for radio but didn't seem to work or reset it last evening. Also, do u, happen to, know where to find the info about sirius subscription. I registered for my sync etc. And are there any great places to read on, what I am capable of doing with Bluetooth phone syncing with phone music and other things. I don't think I ever ventured on travel, link, or know what it does differently. And so may calls I, have...i need to learn all this stuff. :)

Hi annicaden,

Welcome and congrats on your new Explorer!

I see Peter has provided you with some great information already, but here's a link to our support page for everything MyFord Touch:

http://support.ford.com/topics/sync-technology-sync-myford-touch

If you have questions or concerns, I'm here to help. :)

Rebecca

Thanks peter and rebecca. I have 3 yr. Old twins and haven't had a chance to work out all the capabilities. I have a few months off this summer and plan to learn what sync and mft is capable of. I will venture over to the link. Thanks again.

So I did a master reset and called sirius to resend activation signal...still not working. Is there a if my GPS and radio work..is it the same antenna for all..any other thoughts

I think someone else posted in the past about the antenna connection being loose on their Explorer. If you can't check it yourself, sounds like time to take it to the dealer.

So I did a master reset and called sirius to resend activation signal...still not working. Is there a if my GPS and radio work..is it the same antenna for all..any other thoughts
The GPS antenna is located under the dash. The AM/FM antenna is that 10" piece that sticks out at an angle from the rooftop antenna base and the satellite antenna is in the base itself. Perhaps there is a loose connection within the base.
If Sirius resent your signal, then I guess your free subscription is still valid.
After everything else you did without success, I would suggest that you visit your dealer to see what they have to say. I would also suggest that you send a private message to Rebecca (FordIVTteam) and see what suggestions she may have or to get her help in trying to get this resolved. You can use this link to send her a PM;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=181992
When you PM, be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership in your message.
Rebecca, like other Ford reps on this Forum are not there on weekends.
Good luck.

Peter

Attachments

• PC180279a.jpg
    PC180279a.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 884

Thank u guys. Will do. I'll keep u posted.

Since having your signal resent and performing a master reset didn't fix this, I too suggest a visit to your dealership. They'll be able to diagnose and correct this issue for you. :)

Rebecca

Back