• Register Today It's free!

Saying goodbye to my 2003 NBX

GatorTots

Reaction score
City, State
Northern Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 Ironman, 03 NBX
"An Explorer NBX?" That's the question that everyone asked when I told them about my 2003 X. The zinc yellow color isn't for everyone, but I love my Explorer...but it doesn't have the third row seats for the kiddos, and I have longed for a moonroof and leather seats.

So...even though she has only 53k miles, I (covering her ears) replaced her with an 08 Ironman with 12k miles. I do like the amenities of the 08, but I'm going to miss the zinc yellow color. Here is a picture of both Xs. Now I just have to find a buyer who wants a zinc yellow X!

Two-Explorers.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The ironman looks like it stand taller. Does it have skid plates like the NBX?

I would like to have an NBX myself, but I just can't stand the yellow. I don't blame ya!

I've always liked the ironman, they look great.

Very Lucky guy! I would have killed to find an ironman instead of the Jeep, preferably an orange one :) . I actually like the yellow NBX, different from the normal colors I see around here.

The ironman looks like it stand taller. Does it have skid plates like the NBX?

I would like to have an NBX myself, but I just can't stand the yellow. I don't blame ya!

I've always liked the ironman, they look great.

he's loosing a family member because of its color but instead he needs an upgrade, and it appears that the ironman is taller because the front is on a taller object making it all appear taller

Very Lucky guy! I would have killed to find an ironman instead (had to blank this part out), preferably an orange one :) . I actually like the yellow NBX, different from the normal colors I see around here.

X2 i like the yellow it brings out a side not many see in explorers

Very Lucky guy! I would have killed to find an ironman instead of the Jeep, preferably an orange one :) . I actually like the yellow NBX, different from the normal colors I see around here.

I have been looking for an orange frost 08 Ironman since December, but I haven't been able to find one that's a 4x4, has 3rd row, and under 40k miles. When I saw the red one with only 12k miles, I couldn't resist.

I like the yellow, too - it gets a lot of comments (good and bad I suppose).

I know the thread is beyond ancient, but this member owned two of the rarest Explorers ever made at the same time. I mean some folks had never even heard of these models more less seen them. And both of the units in fairly rare colors. Not alot of us can claim that.

Back