seat swap | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

seat swap

Mike621

Reaction score
City, State
Bayonne NJ
can seats from other year explorers swap into my 94? (are the rear seats the same width, do the brackets line up, etc.) I have no way to verify this myself as I dont know anyone with an explorer that I could take a look at to see myself. Has anyone swapped seats from a 3rd gen explorer into a 1st gen? Ive really grown tired of my truck, so I think some changes are in store.

--Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes.... 92-01 can swap seats without issue

thanks a lot

how about door panels????

door panels are different as they line up with the dash differently

Seats yes, mounting frames no.

Can rear seats swap as well? I have a 93 xlt and was wondering if a set of newer rear seats would fit.

yes they do fit, I just started putting in seats from a 96 you can see my progress in my thread interior upgrades. Everything bolts right up seat mounts and everything.

I took some of those cheap jeep seats that 4wheel parts sells and put them in the explorer, fir well, just had to drill 2 holes at the rear bottom to align them perfectly

Would almost be cool to throw a couple of buckets in the back too. Maybe add another console. I would do it but I use the back of my truck when I camp. Easier than using a tent. I'm lazy. :D

1999 Mountaineer seats fit

I swapped out my cloth seats in my 94 XLT for beautiful leather seats from a 1999 Mountaineer. I also converted my rear drum brakes for disc brakes from a 97 Mountaineer along with the master cylinder-straight bolt up for all! :D

Back