Second row middle seat

Matt1220

Reaction score
City, State
New Brunswick
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Hi,
Before I go to the dealer, does anyone know if there is an option to buy the middle insert seat to put between the captain’s chairs? Or are the captain’s chairs fundamentally different when you order the “bench”?

Cheers!
Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looking a the picture in this post it is difficult to tell if the outboard seats have the inboard armrests. 2nd row bench in the wild?

Peter

My ST has captain chairs for second row but now I'm looking for a small seat to add in the middle to make it 3 seater. I looked online but couldnt find anything reasonable. Also this is my first Ford so dont know if there is something out there already for Ford. Do you guys know if anything like this exists?

My ST has captain chairs for second row but now I'm looking for a small seat to add in the middle to make it 3 seater. I looked online but couldnt find anything reasonable. Also this is my first Ford so dont know if there is something out there already for Ford. Do you guys know if anything like this exists?

Your thread has been merged with the same topic.

As of now nobody on here has done it. Being there is a 3 seat option, it should be possible. What we dont know is if it is a middle section only orif it is a 60/40 where you would have to buy the 60 and remove one 40.

The 5th gen was a 60/40 but not sure how that changed with the 2020. Also, the fact that the captains slide forward and backwards.. not sure how the bench seat works.

The 2nd row bench in the 2020 is a 35/30/35 split.

Peter

Yeah, just got off the phone with the dealer. I'd have to rip out the captain's seats and add the whole 35/30/35. 3800.00 plus tax... nope.

Yeah, just got off the phone with the dealer. I'd have to rip out the captain's seats and add the whole 35/30/35. 3800.00 plus tax... nope.

Whew..... makes me glad I ordered the bench in my Aviator.....

Whew..... makes me glad I ordered the bench in my Aviator.....
Zeeb, shows on you name setting you have a 2018 Platinum, what Aviator do you have ? What trim level ? AND how do you like it ? Pros/cons.......

Zeeb, shows on you name setting you have a 2018 Platinum, what Aviator do you have ? What trim level ? AND how do you like it ? Pros/cons.......

Aviator isn't here yet, tracking says it'll be at the dealer on the 28th of this month. It's the Hybrid or Lincoln calls it the Grand Touring.

There must be a bit of work involved in the changeover. The option cost is $495.

Peter

There must be a bit of work involved in the changeover. The option cost is $495.

Peter

You are not taking into account the credit of the 2 captains chairs and center console (at the factory) that would go towards the 35/30/35.

As in, the 2 captains and center console would be $3,300 and the 3 seats is $3,300 + $495 (just using as an example).

Peter

On my Aviator which would normally come with the 2nd row captains seats, the bench seat I selected shows "No Charge". Maybe the Explorer is different?

Back