Selected to meet with Ford (2020 Explorer) Engineers - INPUT NEEDED | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Selected to meet with Ford (2020 Explorer) Engineers - INPUT NEEDED

I have had issues with all of the above you mentioned as well. Its about to go back for the wiper issue, so many loud random noises, loose front driver lower seat cushion etc etc... It spent 40 days in service for a faulty climate control module, transmission clunking complaints, head light replacement because it was getting water inside. And seriously I don't think the engine could be any louder, it's ridiculous !!! Oh an it also had the transmission cooler replaced

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Sounds like your truck was built on a Monday, after a hard long weekend of binge drinking :drunk:. I hope they are able to fix your issues.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just had both installed a few days ago. I contacted my salesman and he had the sales manager have the parts department order them. Took all of 20 minutes to have the deflector installed. My dealership has been wonderful in getting things handled for me.

I was going to call the dealer we bought the truck from, but i figured I wait to have the meeting with the engineers so I can show them that they are missing.

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Sounds like your truck was built on a Monday, after a hard long weekend of binge drinking :drunk:. I hope they are able to fix your issues.

Mondays and fridays mean nothing when the factory runs 7days a week, typically four 10 hours shifts with 3 days off all in rotation.

Mondays and fridays mean nothing when the factory runs 7days a week, typically four 10 hours shifts with 3 days off all in rotation.

Ah, didnt know, really I was just trying to make a funny :)

I assumed you were joking too.. but I was just throwing that out there because there are people who think Fridays are terrible builds because people just want to go home and that's not the case any more. Does not really matter what day it was built anymore.

Ps - they are all missing parts regardless lol.

You’d be surprised at the amount of things that are said on here that end up in Facebook groups. I’m sure someone was preparing to start a Facebook poll on what day folks’ STs were built to see which day produced the most missing parts.

Please suggest to add the ability to costumize the gauges and drive modes. While the presets like Normal, Eco, Sport, Tow/Haul and such are fine. It would be nice to have an see the Sport gauges HuD, but I do not necessarily want it drive in Sport mode where it holds gears longer, does not engage in 10th gear at 75mph...
Suggest the ability to see other telemetry data, like battery voltage, boost gauge, oil pressure, oil temp, coolant temp, display current gear at all times, transmission temp, ect...
It is such a shame, that our F150 shows lots of telemetry data and you can costumize deeper on a lesser cluster.

Perhaps also to have the ability to select rwd only in costum modes? Would be nice for those fun weekends and use my ST to its limits once every blue moon.

And like previously posted, rear deflector missing, seen a platinum on the lot with it. General consensus seems, that there is no rhyme or reason as to why there are some that have it, and others don't.

20191102_091213.jpg
Where are you getting this info from?
I put my TRUCK on a Dyno and the best the could get was 371bhp, and they also explained that most Companies are talking about the Motor instead of at the rear wheels.View attachment 178648

View attachment 178649
I put my TRUCK on a Dyno and the best the could get was 371bhp, and they also explained that most Companies are talking about the Motor instead of at the rear wheels.View attachment 178648

Yes, HP numbers from the factory are always at the motor, everyone knows this. My question would be, 371WHP, is that tuned or base numbers? if thats base, thats really good, considering that auto with AWD usually has 20-25% drivetrain loss.

That's a pretty good review and seems to confirm what many say about the 2.3 here.

Interesting they got the whistle on the driver's side.. this is a first so far. I disagree on the seats but the ST is different. They are very supportive and have high sides to hold you in them.

I like how they complain about the Explorer interior is bland because is all black and proceed to show pictures of the Pilot with all black interior, dafuq??? I didnt even know i was looking at 2 different pictures, at a glance, they look the same.

Hey guys, sorry I haven't had a chance to write my follow up, 1st of the month so crazy busy at work, I will try to get this done before the end of the week. I tried to give them as much feedback as I could and they seem to have wrote down a lot of notes so I feel the experience was very positive. I really did not expect to see so many Explorers and Aviators in one place. My dum dum forgot to take pictures, :oops:

What did they say about the Missing Tow Hook?
What did they say about the missing rear air deflector?

Back