• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Selected to meet with Ford (2020 Aviator) Engineers - INPUT NEEDED

Texas Steve

Reaction score
City, State
tomball, texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve II
I have been selected to meet in Houston One/one with Ford (for the Aviator only) Engineers. The purpose is to review my experience, issues, future suggestions etc. I am give 1.5 hour one/one time. So this will be a important meeting with no selling only riding in my Aviator and discussing as above.

I would like input from all of the Aviator owners on the above. Meeting is Feb 29th.

Steve

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Hi Steve. So far the main annoyance for me is the growl the engine makes upon starting off. I was on a street the other day with many stop signs and the noise really became irritating. I don't know if it's normal or not but it's not something I'd expect from Lincoln when the rest of the time it seems so quiet. The rain-sensing wipers keep wiping randomly even when there is no reason for it but this seems to be a characteristic of this feature since my previous Explorers and an MKT also did it. Why is the fuel filler funnel hidden the way it is when in it is so visible in the Explorer? I actually thought I was missing mine until a member pointed out that it is under the rear storage area, completely out of sight.
If anything else comes up I'll add it. Thanks.

Peter

Texas Steve

Reaction score
City, State
tomball, texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve II
Hi Steve. So far the main annoyance for me is the growl the engine makes upon starting off. I was on a street the other day with many stop signs and the noise really became irritating. I don't know if it's normal or not but it's not something I'd expect from Lincoln when the rest of the time it seems so quiet. The rain-sensing wipers keep wiping randomly even when there is no reason for it but this seems to be a characteristic of this feature since my previous Explorers and an MKT also did it. Why is the fuel filler funnel hidden the way it is when in it is so visible in the Explorer? I actually thought I was missing mine until a member pointed out that it is under the rear storage area, completely out of sight.

Peter
Thanks Peter. Also th ink about future enhancements or things you would like as well.

Texas Steve

Reaction score
City, State
tomball, texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve II

Peter
Fuel filler? is this a Canadian thing? I just put the nozzle in the car and it fills up fine

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Fuel filler? is this a Canadian thing? I just put the nozzle in the car and it fills up fine
You cant do that with a gas can, you need the fuel filler adapter to fill the tank with a can.

Texas Steve

Reaction score
City, State
tomball, texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve II
You cant do that with a gas can, you need the fuel filler adapter to fill the tank with a can.
Ahh!! Don’t plan on running out of gas but good to know

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Ahh!! Don’t plan on running out of gas but good to know
FYI, it is under this part of the plastic storage tray. Good luck in getting it back in place if you remove it.

Funnel.jpg

themishmosh

Reaction score
City, State
NE Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Get some intel on Sync 4. "It would be a shame if a car this new wouldn't be upgradable to Sync 4..."

Texas Steve

Reaction score
City, State
tomball, texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve II

steweod

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'19 F150
I have been selected to meet in Houston One/one with Ford (for the Aviator only) Engineers. The purpose is to review my experience, issues, future suggestions etc. I am give 1.5 hour one/one time. So this will be a important meeting with no selling only riding in my Aviator and discussing as above.

I would like input from all of the Aviator owners on the above. Meeting is Feb 29th.

Steve
You can ask him why did my come missing one of the fasteners next to the driver's headlight under the hood that holds the plastic down. At least there was a piece of masking tape on the grill under the plastic to it moving in the wind did not scratch up the grill.

Or ask him a sweet one like will it ever get a twin turbo V8 ;)

Blue Diamond

Reaction score
City, State
TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator, Reserve I
Need to allow primary data usb data port to keep device charged with engine off. I use an iPod as my primary music source, but it’s battery will go dead if I don’t drive my Aviator for a day or two or if I don’t drive it very long every day. This has effectively disabled my iPod as my primary music source.

Blue Diamond

Reaction score
City, State
TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator, Reserve I
Sync3 music next/prev buttons need to be properly restored on a vehicle restart based on the current (i.e. last tuned) channel. The current channel is kept on restart, but the next/prev buttons default back to the first or last memory location, respectively rather than the proper next or previous channel.

Blue Diamond

Reaction score
City, State
TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator, Reserve I
Need real traffic data directly on the map. The Sirius traffic event list is totally worthless (and even locks up my GPS if an event is not local to the actual vehicle location).

Blue Diamond

Reaction score
City, State
TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator, Reserve I
All of my previous “luxury” vehicles could save both driver AND passenger seat settings.

Thomas Thayil

T T Engineer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
east meadow
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer LTD

Steve

Thomas Thayil

T T Engineer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
east meadow
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer LTD
Tell them if the new 2020 aviators and explorers are not upgradable with the present hardware, at least sell them from ford dealership so that either they can install them for an additional price

Mikey*TX

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Liv'n in the hollow of an 'ol oak tree. ;-)
City, State
Skunk Hollow, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 EXP ST Blk

Mikey*TX

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Liv'n in the hollow of an 'ol oak tree. ;-)
City, State
Skunk Hollow, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 EXP ST Blk
If you have the chance to, inquire if we will in the future, get reverse activated tilt mirrors on the upper trim levels ? This is the only feature missing imho.
Mike

TexasBill

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve II
My old 2013 Cadillac XTS, and i think previous GM cars had a feature to auto lock the car and do a quick beep to ackoledge the car was locked...i miss not having that on my new Aviator.

I also agree with Peter that the engine noise gets old fast. My feeling is that a luxury car should be more insulated, especially since Lincoln talks about "Quite Flight" in their ads.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Thomas Thayil

T T Engineer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
east meadow
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer LTD
Sync4:Tell them if the new 2020 aviators and explorers are not upgradable with the present hardware, at least sell them from ford dealership so that either they can install them for an additional cost or we can do it ourselves

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Selected to meet with Ford (2020 Explorer) Engineers - INPUT NEEDED Stock 2020 - 2021 Ford Explorer & Lincoln Aviator 76
S Ford admits mistakes with 2020 Explorer launch, promises to fix problems Stock 2020 - 2021 Ford Explorer & Lincoln Aviator 2
E 2020 Ford Explorer XLT Stock 2020 - 2021 Ford Explorer & Lincoln Aviator 3
H 2020 Ford Explorer XLT transmission issue Stock 2020 - 2021 Ford Explorer & Lincoln Aviator 13
B Is Ford back in production? Stock 2020 - 2021 Ford Explorer & Lincoln Aviator 3
G Canadian Ford Owners Ipsos Reid Poll Stock 2020 - 2021 Ford Explorer & Lincoln Aviator 2
A Ford Premium Maintenance Plan Stock 2020 - 2021 Ford Explorer & Lincoln Aviator 17
J 2020 Ford Explorer XLT Stock 2020 - 2021 Ford Explorer & Lincoln Aviator 6
J 2020 Ford Explorer Owners Event - Engineers Meeting Stock 2020 - 2021 Ford Explorer & Lincoln Aviator 6
T 2020 ford explorer less then 2000 miles tire compartment full of water Stock 2020 - 2021 Ford Explorer & Lincoln Aviator 3
B 2020 Ford Explorer ST driver seat issue. Stock 2020 - 2021 Ford Explorer & Lincoln Aviator 1
0 "Oil Life" as reported in Ford Pass does not match vehicle Stock 2020 - 2021 Ford Explorer & Lincoln Aviator 7
G 5-Star rating Euro NCAP for 2020 FORD Explorer PHEV Stock 2020 - 2021 Ford Explorer & Lincoln Aviator 0
U 2020 Ford XLT Explorer digital speedometer placement Stock 2020 - 2021 Ford Explorer & Lincoln Aviator 5
P Koons Ford Prices - $10k Off of MSRP Stock 2020 - 2021 Ford Explorer & Lincoln Aviator 21
D Standard feature Error on Ford's website Stock 2020 - 2021 Ford Explorer & Lincoln Aviator 17
S 2020 Ford Explorer has top secret problems disrupting dealer delivery Stock 2020 - 2021 Ford Explorer & Lincoln Aviator 11
M Annoying things you have found that ford needs to fix Stock 2020 - 2021 Ford Explorer & Lincoln Aviator 32
M 2020 ford explorer issues Stock 2020 - 2021 Ford Explorer & Lincoln Aviator 50
dstewart51 Ford buy back converstation Stock 2020 - 2021 Ford Explorer & Lincoln Aviator 68
I 2020 window sticker on ford direct.com Stock 2020 - 2021 Ford Explorer & Lincoln Aviator 1
L Ford Locked Me Out Of A 2020 Explorer Experience Stock 2020 - 2021 Ford Explorer & Lincoln Aviator 13
Rick Live Stream of 2020 Ford Explorer Reveal Stock 2020 - 2021 Ford Explorer & Lincoln Aviator 45
Rick 2020 Ford Explorer photos Stock 2020 - 2021 Ford Explorer & Lincoln Aviator 24