Self test sequence for manual air conditioning? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Self test sequence for manual air conditioning?

Ruddy

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer XLT V8 4WD
Callsign
Ruddy
I see many postings of how to do it with an automatic climate control unit, but not a manual one like I have in my 2010 XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have never heard of a self test sequence for the auto ac. if you are having troubles with the ac reply with what its doing or not doing or what you are trying to accomplish. if you are looking for diagnostic trouble code i am pretty sure you wont get one for the ac system.

i have never heard of a self test sequence for the auto ac. if you are having troubles with the ac reply with what its doing or not doing or what you are trying to accomplish. if you are looking for diagnostic trouble code i am pretty sure you wont get one for the ac system.

Ok thanks for the link . now the bad news is you don't have a hvac module to scan with manual hvac controls that is why you cant find anything on it. I have the same truck as yours and the hvac module does not come up in forscan on my car.

Use workshop manual a/c climate pinpoint test.
No any automatic forscan function for the manual a/c controls since there is no controller or CAN communication involved in manual a/c job

Back