Semi-autonomous driving in Ford's future, soon ??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Semi-autonomous driving in Ford's future, soon ???

grrtrainman

Reaction score
City, State
Western Mass, (summer), & SW Florida, (winter).
Year, Model & Trim Level
'13 Limited 4WD 302A Tow
FMC, Please ...

-

A particular auto manufacturer* has stated that if you happen to own certain of their 2016 models that have adaptive cruise control, auto parking, blind spot warning, and lane keeping , etc. you can go to your dealer and, for a fee, have your vehicle upgraded to semi-autonomous driving!

I have an Explorer Limited with every option available, (including the 302A pkg), and would gladly pay $$$ for that feature. The hardware is there. A few years ago Ford was significantly ahead of the competition with the latest high tech features. The competition has now caught up and, in some cases, surpassed FMC. Think Tesla, BMW, Mercedes, and others. Look at the beautiful new Lincoln Navigator, Expedition, and Continental. One would think semi-autonomous assist would have shown up in those modes at least as an option. No such luck. Pathetic. BTW, I have the Explorer and my wife has a Lincoln MKT. Unless I see Ford shaping up soon there will not be a Ford in our future. Sad. Really sad. I would love to remain in the Ford family !!!

Ford brass, are you listening ???

-

* BTW, that manufacturer is Volvo.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would want the option to turn it OFF if it was introduced in the Ford lineup. BTW, Ford doesn't read this Forum. In fact the FordService reps are no longer here either.

Peter

I would want the option to turn it OFF if it was introduced in the Ford lineup. BTW, Ford doesn't read this Forum. In fact the FordService reps are no longer here either.

Peter
-
Hello again Peter, (long time no 'see' )!
-
Well that's sad to hear - that Ford no longer monitors the forum. So much for good PR and customer service!
I did send Ford corporate the same correspondence, for what good that will accomplish. Probably only a standard computer generated response, (if that). 'Considering sending same to my subscribed auto buff magazines.
-
"Hi" to the pooches !
-
Over-and-Out,
David

-
Hello again Peter, (long time no 'see' )!
-
Well that's sad to hear - that Ford no longer monitors the forum. So much for good PR and customer service!
I did send Ford corporate the same correspondence, for what good that will accomplish. Probably only a standard computer generated response, (if that). 'Considering sending same to my subscribed auto buff magazines.
-
"Hi" to the pooches !
-
Over-and-Out,
David
Good to hear from you too David. A member here who is also a member of, I believe the F-150 Forum, said that apparently Ford has pulled all the reps from all the Forums. No reason was ever given and emails and text messages have not been answered.

Peter

Good to hear from you too David. A member here who is also a member of, I believe the F-150 Forum, said that apparently Ford has pulled all the reps from all the Forums. No reason was ever given and emails and text messages have not been answered.

Peter

Peter:
-
Sad state of affairs. I wonder if other manufacturers have ceased monitoring their forums ??? !!!
-
Stay safe out there ...
-
Dave

Thanks for the update Peter! VERY much disappointing that the FORD slogs have pulled the great customer reps off the forum. They were most helpful to many folks here. Thanks for sticking with us here Peter.. While sometimes I push back a bit on some of your comments I do appreciate your factral details you post and connections to the right people.

Back