Separator Plate/ Small Filter A4LD | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Separator Plate/ Small Filter A4LD

ShadowdogKGB

Reaction score
City, State
Tioga County, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo
Ok, so I've been following Glacier's and TNexplorer's Valve Body Rebuild Diary to the TEE. I've finished installing the Trans-Go kit and the Superior Kit. I've drilled all the necessary holes and what not. I've even installed the Sonnax O-Ring plug kit.

I've re-checked and double re-checked everything I've done. I've got both diaries printed out in the garage with me. I'm 100% sure everything is assembled and operating correctly. It is now ready for the separator plate and gaskets to be bolted together.

The instructions indicate a small cone-shaped or cylindrical-shaped filter that is held in place by the separator plate. It says to make sure it is in place before bolting down the plate.

Either I'm blind or my valve body does not have this little filter. I have a donor valve body and all the parts are bagged. I do not see that filter there either.

If you would like me to post a picture just let me know. I'm sure those who have rebuilt their VB's will know what I'm talking about.

Thanks.

Whew! Right on thanks! I can sleep now.

Back