• Register Today It's free!

Service bulletin anyone?

chimoman

Reaction score
City, State
New Brunswick
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2011 Ltd
What would be most beneficial is if someone could get a hold of the TSB sent to ford for the vehicles that need to go to the dealership. I don't have the ability to do that anymore. It's killing me. Maybe I'll go pay for it on a site. I know it needs a reflash because my SA told me so. Someone on facebook said they had failures after a dealer upgrade. But the dealer only plugged in a USB. For a proper job they would have to do something like this. A little more complicated!

Disconnect the vehicle USB cable and connect the SYNC re-flash kit cable and Adapter Rotunda RTTP CCMSYNC-Kit or equivalent Male-A USB-to-female mini USB cable to the vehicle male USB cable.
To perform the reprogram procedure it will be necessary to follow the online version of the Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 415-00 APIM Programming - Standard selection. Update the Consumer Interface Processor (CIP) to the latest BH suffix level.

What would be most beneficial is if someone could get a hold of the TSB sent to ford for the vehicles that need to go to the dealership. I don't have the ability to do that anymore. It's killing me. Maybe I'll go pay for it on a site. I know it needs a reflash because my SA told me so. Someone on facebook said they had failures after a dealer upgrade. But the dealer only plugged in a USB. For a proper job they would have to do something like this. A little more complicated!

Disconnect the vehicle USB cable and connect the SYNC re-flash kit cable and Adapter Rotunda RTTP CCMSYNC-Kit or equivalent Male-A USB-to-female mini USB cable to the vehicle male USB cable.
To perform the reprogram procedure it will be necessary to follow the online version of the Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 415-00 APIM Programming - Standard selection. Update the Consumer Interface Processor (CIP) to the latest BH suffix level.
The note to the dealer on the form I printed out says that the dealer installation software is available on the PTS website.
Whatever that is.

Peter

Back