Services not working after upgrading to 2.11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Services not working after upgrading to 2.11

astrorex

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 XLT
I've had MFT 2.8 and while it hard it quirks, it was generally ok. I took my EX to its first scheduled service and the dealership offered to upgrade it to 2.11. Now, the system is a little faster, but the sync services does not work at all. Voice command for services gets achnowledged, but nothing happens after that.

Before I take it back to the dealer, is there something I am missing to do? Since it is already upgraded to 2.11 I don't see a re-install option on syncmyride.com site :( Did anyone else have this issue or have suggestions on how to get it fixed? I tried a master reset, but that did not help.

Astro

Are you referring to Travel Link? If so, I had the same issue since updating to 2.11 . Ford/Sirius have not been able to resolve, resorting to pulling fuses etc. for reset seems to be one approach but only resolved my issue temporarily...

I've had MFT 2.8 and while it hard it quirks, it was generally ok. I took my EX to its first scheduled service and the dealership offered to upgrade it to 2.11. Now, the system is a little faster, but the sync services does not work at all. Voice command for services gets achnowledged, but nothing happens after that.

Before I take it back to the dealer, is there something I am missing to do? Since it is already upgraded to 2.11 I don't see a re-install option on syncmyride.com site :( Did anyone else have this issue or have suggestions on how to get it fixed? I tried a master reset, but that did not help.

Astro

Hi, astrorex!

Please send me your VIN in a private message and I will look to see if you have to go to the dealer or not :)

It sounds like it may not have been reinstalled.

Rebecca

I had mine upgraded at the dealer. Sync Services and Sync Apps somehow did not get loaded. I took it back and they got Sync Apps loaded and then took it back a third time to get Sync Services loaded. They had to call the Ford hotline to get it worked out. I am glad they are letting us do our on upgrades now. I upgraded my wife's Edge to 2.11 with no problems.

Back