shackle bushing size | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

shackle bushing size

msnyder

Reaction score
i need to replace the bushing in the frame for the rear shackle. does anyone know dimensions of this? it wouldn't be the same as the bushing that goes in the leaf would it? i need to find this so i can find em online and not pay a dealer almost $50 ea...

The frame bushing is actually a rubber bushing inside a steel casing, which is pressed into the frame, so just the measurements of the bushing won't help. The frame bushing is not the same as the leaf spring bushing, although they are both just rubber bushings in a casing around a steel tube insert.

If you want a replacement, one of the most economical (not to mention longer lasting than rubber) might be a polyurethane bushing from Energy Suspension. They make black bushings that look stock, they come with the metal sleeve, and are a direct fit.

You can contact most any Energy Suspension dealer and have them order it, or you can go to places online like suspension.com and let them know what you need. They will probably run you about $20-30 for a pair.

You can also just spring for the Hyper-Flex master set, about $120 and it contains poly bushings for the whole vehicle.

Back