she lives!

LONO100

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bay Area CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 sport trac XLT
Hi all, I used to be a contributor to this forum a long time ago, but life happened, I had to take care of two sick parents who passed, a marriage, the birth of my son, and a career change has kept me from posting like I used to. Well since the pandemic has me stuck working from home, I figured I would do some updates on my 03 Trac, as well as some posts on some sprucing up I have been getting done with her.

She is lightly used, basically a weekend rig. I became a bicycle commuter, riding my bike to the train station and taking the train into the City for my job so she only sees adventure miles and the occasional home depot or lumber yard run. She just broke 150,000 miles this week. I used to take her off road exploring the Sierra mountain range here in California at least once a month, but now that only happens a handful of times per year. She is used most often as mty towing rig to pull my small fishing boat around Northern California as I fish the famed CA Delta, and surrounding lakes. Although I haven't been posting pics, she has been well taken care of all this time. Here are a few pics of what she's been up to lately:

here she is with my dogs at the Donner Summit in the Sierras
hge321Ul.jpg

here she is in my driveway
tQTe2Hnl.jpg

running around town
RYI19Ujl.jpg

Here's the dadmobile. got this one brand new in 2018 to haul the family around in. as much as I have enjoyed this ride, I may need to sell her. We put a deposit down on the electric Mustang coming out at the end of the year. We got solar panels put on the house, and we really like the idea of having my wife make her morning commutes (70 miles daily) all powered by the sun. I absolutely love this ride, I have taken her up to the snow many times and this is the best vehicle I have ever driven in the snow hands down. Better than my Jeep JK, better than my old Subie, better than our Highlander or my truck. it's going to be sad seeing her go, but we need to make room.
BDqkRaGl.jpg

I have been using the time at home to do some much needed upkeep to the Trac. I changed the plugs and wires, oil change, tire rotation, fuel filter replacement, and restored the headlight lens. The plugs on the passenger side are a pain like many people on the forum know. I come in through the wheel well to get to them.
pXeUGC8l.jpg

MZN8Wusl.jpg

nothing special, i just go straight Ford OEM every time. Tried and true.
pyj8Q9cl.jpg

after years of towing my boat and going off road, my leaf springs have started to sag. I scored this pair at my local pick n pull for 80 bucks. I am having issues with the bushings I ordered for them which I will make another post about.
m7YnCd1l.jpg

I also got her a new set of treads. My all time favorites, Goodyear Duratracs! 33 x 12.50
lM8tABTl.jpg

MhnJAOJl.jpg

w4pJIzzl.jpg

once I get the new leaf springs on, I will redo the torsion twist, repaint the caldding and a few other things. i am also going to try to fix my old how to posts that were done with photobucket so that the photos appear again.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi all, I used to be a contributor to this forum a long time ago, but life happened, I had to take care of two sick parents who passed, a marriage, the birth of my son, and a career change has kept me from posting like I used to. Well since the pandemic has me stuck working from home, I figured I would do some updates on my 03 Trac, as well as some posts on some sprucing up I have been getting done with her.

She is lightly used, basically a weekend rig. I became a bicycle commuter, riding my bike to the train station and taking the train into the City for my job so she only sees adventure miles and the occasional home depot or lumber yard run. She just broke 150,000 miles this week. I used to take her off road exploring the Sierra mountain range here in California at least once a month, but now that only happens a handful of times per year. She is used most often as mty towing rig to pull my small fishing boat around Northern California as I fish the famed CA Delta, and surrounding lakes. Although I haven't been posting pics, she has been well taken care of all this time. Here are a few pics of what she's been up to lately:

here she is with my dogs at the Donner Summit in the Sierras
hge321Ul.jpg

here she is in my driveway
tQTe2Hnl.jpg

running around town
RYI19Ujl.jpg

Here's the dadmobile. got this one brand new in 2018 to haul the family around in. as much as I have enjoyed this ride, I may need to sell her. We put a deposit down on the electric Mustang coming out at the end of the year. We got solar panels put on the house, and we really like the idea of having my wife make her morning commutes (70 miles daily) all powered by the sun. I absolutely love this ride, I have taken her up to the snow many times and this is the best vehicle I have ever driven in the snow hands down. Better than my Jeep JK, better than my old Subie, better than our Highlander or my truck. it's going to be sad seeing her go, but we need to make room.
BDqkRaGl.jpg

I have been using the time at home to do some much needed upkeep to the Trac. I changed the plugs and wires, oil change, tire rotation, fuel filter replacement, and restored the headlight lens. The plugs on the passenger side are a pain like many people on the forum know. I come in through the wheel well to get to them.
pXeUGC8l.jpg

MZN8Wusl.jpg

nothing special, i just go straight Ford OEM every time. Tried and true.
pyj8Q9cl.jpg

after years of towing my boat and going off road, my leaf springs have started to sag. I scored this pair at my local pick n pull for 80 bucks. I am having issues with the bushings I ordered for them which I will make another post about.
m7YnCd1l.jpg

I also got her a new set of treads. My all time favorites, Goodyear Duratracs! 33 x 12.50
lM8tABTl.jpg

MhnJAOJl.jpg

w4pJIzzl.jpg

once I get the new leaf springs on, I will redo the torsion twist, repaint the caldding and a few other things. i am also going to try to fix my old how to posts that were done with photobucket so that the photos appear again.
Looks great...love those tires...

Welcome back!
Nice looking trac!

Life happens. I took a 10 year hiatus from the forums as well....came back stronger.
Well done, thanks for sharing!!!

Glad you are back, always enjoy your pictures and comments. I enjoy this forum and the folks that contribute. We have similar set ups on our ST's. The first of my 4 ST's I have had was white with black wheels and 33's. My current one is red on 33's, roof basket and I have a matching camper shell.

Glad you are back, always enjoy your pictures and comments. I enjoy this forum and the folks that contribute. We have similar set ups on our ST's. The first of my 4 ST's I have had was white with black wheels and 33's. My current one is red on 33's, roof basket and I have a matching camper shell.

Thanks, I was finally planning to do more overlanding trips into the Sierras and then this pandemic hit and so I decided to make lemonade out of lemons and work on my Trav while I'm stuck at home. I can't wait to get back in the dirt and post more trail reports and how to's.

Back