shock stud adapters

Four0Sport

Jack from JackOffRoad
Reaction score
City, State
West Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 2dr
I've been looking into some shock stud adapters for the front of my explorer so that in the future i will be able to use shocks with eyelets on both ends. this will make it easier to find a longer shock at a parts store w/out having to spend money on a vehicle specific shock that needs ordered in.

that also got me thinking about the rear shocks. has anyone converted the rear upper attachment setup to an eyelet style? basically can a shock adapter be modified to work on the back top mount?

I was going to post a picture of the adapters I found in the clearance section of 4wheelparts but they arent there and doing a search on the site yielded no results.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've got a picture in my head of what these look like, cant find a pic to relate. Sure something could be fabbed up............ however haven't looked under the rear of a SPORT, aren't the rear top mounts already eyelet?

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=EXP-690001

That's what I'm talking bout'

those are the stub adapters i was referring to Ted, also shown in the link in post 3 from Maniak. I was wondering if an adapter like that could be mounted in the rear for use of a top eyelet style shock w/out a t-bar.

Back