Should I be weary of 1st year? When will 2012 hit? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Should I be weary of 1st year? When will 2012 hit?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did any of you fellow Canadian's pay less then MSRP? I paid about 5k less then the MSRP and that included the paper work and etching charge which they charged 880 for. So when I say 5k I added that 880 onto the actual MSRP price. Only thing that sucks is I have to wait 8 - 12 weeks for it to get here=/

I love the new explorer. Hopefully Ill get to test drive one when I go car shopping with my dad next weekend.

Did any of you fellow Canadian's pay less then MSRP? I paid about 5k less then the MSRP and that included the paper work and etching charge which they charged 880 for. So when I say 5k I added that 880 onto the actual MSRP price. Only thing that sucks is I have to wait 8 - 12 weeks for it to get here=/
8-12 weeks is what I was also told. Salesman advised order was sent in Dec. 20th. He said that they placed their first dealer order on Nov. 17th and it was Dec. 2nd when the order hit the production line. I believe he is expecting arrival next week. He is going to call me so that I can actually see a real one. I only got about $2100 off the MSRP but I noticed that they did not put the $1400 freight fee on the contract. That would bring the savings to $3500. My options totaled $6050. Not sure what you meant about the etching fee. Nothing was mentioned about that.

They tried to tell me the etching was a mandatory thing but I looked into it and he did not know what he was talking about as it was not. It supossedly means that a lot of the parts are etched with the Vin such as body pannels and the windshield to help deter theft or help in the recovery of a vehicle. It probably is a waste of money but I was happy with my final price so I did nto complain.

They tried to tell me the etching was a mandatory thing but I looked into it and he did not know what he was talking about as it was not. It supossedly means that a lot of the parts are etched with the Vin such as body pannels and the windshield to help deter theft or help in the recovery of a vehicle. It probably is a waste of money but I was happy with my final price so I did nto complain.
You would think that this would be done as the vehicle is being built since some of these etchings would be in very hard to reach places. That being the case, one would think that the cost would be built into the final price and not an add-on. As I said, this wasn't even discussed when I placed my order. I seem to recall watching a program on TV that covered this procedure.:rolleyes:

How much did they charge you for your paper work and other fee's they always add on in the end? I am at work so I cannot check mine but I think it is written on the contract.

How much did they charge you for your paper work and other fee's they always add on in the end? I am at work so I cannot check mine but I think it is written on the contract.
There is a $30 Enviromental fee applicable in Ontario only, a registration fee of $40.68, a $100 Air conditioning fee and a $5.00 for ETCH. There is also a $329 charge next to ROAD HAZ. /DOC. Not sure what that is exactly. There are no freight or delivery fees shown. Since I am leasing, I put down $6250 as a refundable security deposit to reduce the interest rate by 1.5%. I get that back at the end of the lease. Did the same with my Highlanders. The salesman wasn't aware that this existed until I persued it with Ford Canada.

I will have to check mine out later for sure then. I am buying ti so not sure if that makes any difference.

Ok so since I am at work I had the gf scan and email a copy of my agreement. I made a mistake when I quoted how much I had saved. I had thought I was including the document fee plus the Globali Registration fee. I was told this was mandatory but from what I have found online it is not and it is a cash grab. They are trying to charge 385 for it., I will try to have that removed.

So I took the final MSRP after tax and then minused what I paid including all the paper work fee's, Globali and taxes and then my true savings were $3714. My dealer charges way to much for the paper work the Globali fee and paper work came to 880.

All I can think of is this Puddy clip from Seinfeld... :D

I am currently in the market to replace my much revered original owner '95 XLT (400,000+ miles) with another great Explorer. My spouse's '98 XLT (250,000 miles) was never the equal of it, though. And, the changes in the 2011 seem to be in the direction of a station wagon, not a utility vehicle. I have used Explorers on the farm to pull hay wagons as well as fording streams up to the axels to get a friend to his remote hunting cabin, launching boats on ramps so shallow that the engine fan throws a mist of lake water onto the windshield, and rescued telephone company employees from snow up to their ___es. And, I'm not interested in a 2011 version of a Kingswood Estate wagon. So, I'm looking for a good low mileage, used Explorer. But, I'm not sure what vintage to look for. I'll probably go with a 2010 unless some of you has had some bad experiences with that generation that I'd appreciate hearing about.

New guy here, I have a 97 Expedition and have not had a lick of problems. Just under 300K now and still going strong.

Jack

Back